The Secret Corners of Burano
You'll learn about Burano’s dialect and customs and the historical significance of its technicolor homes and their upkeep, and experience the fairytale atmosphere of landmarks like the Church of St. Martino and its famous leaning bell tower and paintings. Locals will demonstrate intricate Burano lacemaking, and as your tour concludes, Silvia will make recommendations about the best places to enjoy lunch, shop, explore, linger, and relax on your own.
Finally, we suggest you to visit the typical Emilia Burano lace museum of Burano island,so you will have the chance to admire precious laces about XVI and XVII centuries, and buy home made products on special rates.
The tour also includes a 10% discount on your purchases at Emilia Burano lace shop!
Emilia Burano is a symbol of traditional craftsmanship that has been able to combine the delicate and ancient art of lace making with the contemporary interior design… Take benefit from the stop in Burano to visit the shop and buy original lace masterpieces!
- Guided tour
- Live demonstration of lacemaking
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa di San Martino
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa di San Barnaba
- Any service not mentioned in “Inclusions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher). Therefore we advise you to locate in advance the departure point and how to get there in order to avoid being late or any inconveniences that will prevent you from being at the meeting point in time for the departure.
- The voucher issued at the end of the reservation must be printed (hard copy) and presented at the time of the visit.
- In time of high water the tour will not take place.
- The tour is collective, so the presence of other participants who have booked is to be expected, up to a maximum of 30 people.
- Because of the particular shape of Venice and logistic issues that arise, we cannot guarantee that the intended route of the tour is fully accessible to people with disabilities. This means that some parts of the route may be closed to people in wheelchairs and or with physical impairments. The tour will cross four bridges.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
We really enjoyed this tour with a lovely local lady . So glad we chose to visit this island . The history was interesting also
Great tour and great tour guide who really knew the island and provided an interesting tour.
Burano is a beautiful, colourful little island easily reached from the centre of Venice by waterbus. Sylvia the local guide for this walking tour was a local and was very passionate and informative about the island. I thoroughly recommend that you take this tour to 'bring Burano to life'.