Venetian Craftsmen Workshop Private Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Venice Tours, Sestiere San Marco 1130 close to Hard Rock Cafe, 30124 Venice Italy
Discover some of the most exclusive ateliers in Venice on a 2-hour tour and learn how some of the city’s most traditional products are created. Over the centuries, Venice has provided superior quality handmade and enjoyed a long reputation for handcrafts and handmade products of superior quality, exporting items across the world for the privileged few.
Today the simple word “Venice” still conjures up an atmosphere of sensuous luxury, sophisticated elegance and a myriad of a joyful tactile and visual sensations. Your guide will take you far off the usual tourist tracks to discover some of the pearls of Venetian crafts. Visit the stores that are specialized in masks for Carnival, glass, food, velvet, brocade, marble paper.
Feast your eyes on exquisite jewels, and experience myriad tactile and visual sensations. The itinerary is not fixed, giving you the freedom to choose exactly what you want to see and do.
- Private master artisan's demonstration
- Private guided tour with commentary in the selected language
- Choose with the tour guide on your own 2/3 activities among the possibile ones.
- Hotel pick-up ONLY if located in San Marco or Rialto area
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Unfortuately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- You will choose, with the guide, on your own 2/3 activities among the possibile one
- Mobile vouchers accepted
- For the pick up in hotel, it must be situated in Saint Mark or Rialto area and you must comunicate the andress and name of the hotel at the moment of reservation and 24 hours before the tour. Otherwise the meeting point will be at the Venice Tours office in "San Marco 1130"" 1 minutes from Saint Mark's Square"
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our guide went the extra mile to make this an interesting tour but it was a little bit of a disappointment. We started in a very small mask store where the owner pointed out a few masks and then seemed to want us out of the way so he could squeeze in some customers who would pay to paint masks. Next was a glass blowing demonstration and a walk through the showrooms. This was the highlight of the morning, even though we saw something similar at a factory in Murano. At this point we were done with the official agenda and completely underwhelmed, but our guide whipped us into a small lace shop and then walked us across town to a perfume shop. Despite the best efforts of our guide, I can't recommend this tour, the content was disappointing.