Venice Food Tour Including Rialto Market and Cicchetti
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
You will board a gondola to cross the Grand Canal to Cannaregio. Once known as the Jewish Ghetto and surrounded by walls to keep residents in, Cannaregio is a favorite among locals today for its great food scene, beautiful streets and piazzas and its much more relaxed vibe away from the tourist route.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
Pass By: Ca' d'Oro, Cannaregio 3931-3932, 30121 Venice Italy
Stop At: Mercati di Rialto, Campo della Pescaria Vicino il Ponte di Rialto, 30125 Venice Italy
We’ll start by visiting the twin hearts of Venice’s food scene; the Rialto Fruit and Vegetable Market and the Rialto Fish Market. As you peruse the overflowing aisles, your guide will explain how ancient trade routes and a strong maritime history have shaped the diets of Venetians; and how they still get the freshest fish from the Mediterranean.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
- All food tastings at the different bacari
- Get to taste the local prosecco, spritz and wine
- Short local Gondola Ride to cross the Grand Canal
- Tasting of typical Venetian food at a local restaurant
- Expert local tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Entry/Admission - Canal Grande
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case we will provide an alternative itinerary.
- Tour is in English only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
What a wonderful experience! Not only did we eat delicious food we also learnt about the history a Venice and architecture! I highly recommend this tour.
Tour guide was knowledgeable and knew the best places for the tastings.
Our tour started in the rain but that didn't dampen our spirits. Christina knew all the secret spots and was friendly with the vendors in the market. The food, its history and the wine samplings all added to a great tour. I only wish that we had more time .
Tour guide was great and very personable. She was easy to understand, and had great history of Venice. The food was amazing, I want to come back to try more Venetian food.
Great tour with a super guide! Would do it again!