Venice Lido Bike Tour
Pass along Canale della Giudecca and enjoy breathtaking views while listening to your knowledgeable guide. Learn about Venice's history, discover how the Republic of Venice dominated the salt-trade and the history of the salt warehouses.
Once in Lido, get on your bike and start your ride at a very leisurely pace along the lagoon. You will ride around 9 miles (16km), and the trip is suitable for all skill levels.
Follow your guide to unusual places, such as the old Jewish cemetery and enjoy the wonderful view of the minor islands of the lagoon.
You will discover and understand the history of the lagoon's fortification system, the ancient wells of the old town centre of Malamocco and see the Murazzi, a huge sea fortification built by the Serenissima Republic in the 1700s.
At the end of the ride, catch the return ferry-boat and say farewell to your guide in Tronchetto.
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Local guide
- Return ferry boat tickets to Lido (approx. €17 per person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by a parent/ guardian.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Took this tour just to see Lido but was surprised to 1) see this more beautiful, relaxed, less crowded version of Venice, 2) learn about the architecture and history of Lido - past and present, 3) make new friends: Marco, who is the tour guide, founder and architect with the city who created this tour. Take this tour and support the locals while your at it! Max of 10 people so a very private group tour.
This was the coolest experience ever! We love the inner city and canals of Venice but it can get so crowded. This was a perfect way to catch our breath, get away from the congestion and see another part of Venice that most don't even know about. Marco our tour guide was so friendly, informative and flexible. He allowed us to stop and jump in the Adriatic Ocean! Not to mention the added bonus of getting some fun exercise in while we're eating all that pasta! Thank you Viators, thank you Marco!
A must tour while in Venice
Marco, our knowledgeable guide, met us at the entrance to the People Mover with new bikes and then we took the ferry to Lido where we cycled at a comfortable pace around the island. We stopped frequently at various sites where the explanations were enhanced by pictures, maps and videos. We had a great time.