Venice Super Saver: Dolomite Mountains Day Trip and Skip-the-Line Venice in One Day Tour
Dolomite Mountains Day Trip from Venice (8.5 hours):
Leave Venice by air-conditioned minibus, and then travel north through the Veneto countryside to visit the glorious Dolomite Mountains. After a coffee stop (own expense) in the village of Pieve di Cadore, stroll around Lake Santa Caterina, and then continue to Lake Misurina, the stretch of water known as the ‘pearl of the Dolomites.’ Stop for photos against the backdrop of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo peaks, and relax over lunch in a charming trattoria nearby (own expense).
After an optional walk along the gently winding foothills of Tre Cime di Lavaredo in the afternoon, travel to the swanky ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo to take photos of the scenery and enjoy free time to explore. Browse Cortina’s boutiques, visit a cozy cafe or take a stroll around the atmospheric side streets. Then, meet your guide at the prearranged time and travel back to Venice where your Dolomites tour finishes.
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day (3 hours):
Meet your guide near the Royal Gardens in central Venice, and then set off on a walking tour around the city to discover its highlights. Explore St Mark’s Square with its lively cafes and monuments, and stop for photos in front of Doge's Palace and the adjoining Middle Age prisons. Head inside St Mark’s Basilica for a skip-the-line tour, and marvel at the gilded grandeur of the building’s interior while learning about Venice during Byzantine days.
Leave the basilica and stroll around the atmospheric backstreets and alleyways that line the canals. Explore lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa with its Gothic palaces and see the house where Marco Polo — the pioneering Venetian explorer — once lived. After seeing lesser-known sights such as a beautiful old merchant’s warehouse, finish your walking tour near the famous Rialto Bridge.
Enjoy some free time (duration to be given on the day), and then make your way to the water’s edge for your small-group Grand Canal water taxi ride. Known as the limousines of Venice, the water taxis offer both comfort and speed, allowing you to see more sights than you would on a typical gondola ride.
Have your camera ready to capture photos of the Baroque churches, Gothic palaces, secret gardens and gondola stations that line the busy Grand Canal, and hear anecdotes about the famous Venetians who have resided on the 'street.' Then, cruise along the lesser-visited canals, admiring the bridges and walkways, and work your way back to the start point where your tour finishes.
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Driver/guide on the Dolomites day trip
- Skip-the-line tour of St Mark's Basilica
- Venice walking tour
- Grand Canal water taxi ride (60-70 minutes)
- Entry/Admission - Ponte dei Sospiri
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Campanile di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa di San Zaccaria
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The visit to the foothills of Tre Cime di Lavaredo is subject to weather conditions; if not possible on the day of your tour, you will enjoy more time in Cortina d’Ampezzo instead
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Large bags and rucksacks are not allowed inside St Mark's Basilica
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (children who are under 36 kg/97 pounds or 150 cm/4ft 9 in,must use proper child restraints). We reserve the right to refuse infants or children if we are not notified at the time of the booking and if the car seats brought do not comply with requirements by Italian law.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- THE ORDER OF THE TWO SEPARATE TOURS WILL BE DECIDED ACCORDING TO THE TOURS AVAILABILITY ON YOUR TRAVEL DATES. PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL SUPPLIER AT TO GET THE CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT DEPARTING TIME AND MEETING POINT
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Both days were fabulous and welll organized. Driving through the Dolomites was spectacular, especially since it had snowed hard the day before. Apart from the scenery, sights like the Olympic ski slope, a huge dam, etc. I especially enjoyed seeing the places where Titian lived and worked. Dinner at a lovely restaurant with fellow travelers was a lot of fun. The guide, obviously very new at the job, was very friendly and personable. My advice for those choosing to take the tour this time of year is to dress very warmly even if Venice does not warrant it. Despite the pouring rain the next day, the aqua alta with the flooding, the walking tour was great and because the guide, who was very passionate about her city, knew it well, enabled us to bypass many obstacles. The boat tour in the afternoon was very enjoyable as well. Fully recommend this and hope to repeat it one day in better weather!
Don't miss the trip to Dolomite Mountains. Our guide was excellent, very informative, and created a fun day!
This tour was wonderful. The scenery driving up to the Dolomites was beautiful. Well worth the trip
Loved this tour and our driver Justin was fantastic. It was a great day out with spectacular scenery and Justin knew all the best places to stop and eat. Definitely recommend!!
This was our favourite tour of the trip. Our day in the Dolomites with Justin was beyond memorable. Some of our best pictures are from this tour and we were on a 3 week honeymoon. Justin was a great driver, he was kind and full of so much information. He knew it was going to rain and continued to watch the radar and tour us around until it was upon us. That is when we stopped for lunch. It rained for the hour while we ate and then we were back to touring! The lunch was AMAZING!!! The entire meal was our favourite of the trip!!! I couldn't recommend this portion of the tour any more, honestly!!! Well worth the cost!!! For the skip-the-line portion we had Marco for the walking tour. He is tall and easy to follow in the large crowds of Venice. He is witty and charming and could answer any of our questions. Our water boat tour was with Christina. We loved doing this portion of the tour. It was a great way to see all of Venice and not deal with hiring our own taxi!!! This tour was a perfect way to see all of Venice highlights in one day and the beautiful stunning Dolomites another day!
Avoid this company at all costs. They sub let to a local company who are a waste of space. Dreadful experience. No positive feed back in years. Very disappointed.
We were split into two vans, men and women. The women had a great tour with Justin. The men's guide was less than friendly but in both instances the tour was without question one that you would not want to miss. The Dolomites were beautiful.