Venice Walking Tour plus Skip the Lines Doge's Palace and St Mark's Basilica Tours
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
See the Basilica
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
See the Doge's Palace of Venice
Duration: 1 hour
- Skip-the-Line access to the sites
- Experienced and passionate tour guide
- Personal audio System to hear better the guide
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For security reasons backpacks and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and they have to be left at the free deposit available in Calle San Basso. Travelers are kindly advised to take less bags as possible in order to avoid long lines at the deposit
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
- Due to increased safety measures, security checkpoints will have a short wait
- From 1st Novembre to 31st March this tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide (depending on number of partecipants)
- Wheelchair partially accessible, due to structural reasons some areas of the Doge's Palace are not accessible, so the tour may be limited. If assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
Tour was not good. An excessive amount of people in the group, the headphones did not work and we could not hear the tour guide most the time. The tour guide was rude at times towards children and tourist. She would get mad at the people of the group specially if we complaint we couldn’t hear her. She wouldn’t allow us to see the areas and was on a hurry all the time. She said “if you are going to come visit you should of studied the history” which makes no sense because then we wouldn’t of taken the tour
Gena our guide was incredible. Full of detail and anecdotes. Problem at beginning with an extremely loud family who thankfully decided to leave the tour. From then on we were treated to pure class, backstreets, routes, alleyways; each with a story. Paused at times to take in the quiet moments. Doge's Palace could be missed but At. Marks Basilica BRILLIANT. Excellent guide through this masterpiece and the very end of the tour IS the most amazing sight. You will have to find out! A group of Americans on the tour thought that was the best experience to be had in Europe- the guide and last part of your. Didn't need to do anything else after this tour. It filled in all the blanks. Credit to guide Gina or Gena! Amazing!
Do not recommend. The walking tour was fantastic and the guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. We learned a lot during and got great insight. The tour provider on the other hand was not that great. In fairness, we ran 5 minutes late as we misjudged the vaporetto time, so we called to ask if it would be possible to wait, or if we could catch up to the tour. The administrator was very rude, did not give us any options, nothing. Standard "you will lose the tour" and then i was hung up on. When i called back to see if we can change the date the call was rejected and alternatively bot even picked up. I get it, we were late, but at least be friendly. Thankfully the tour had not yet left when we arrived.
Gina was fabulous as she is a Venetian and has an extensive background in history. She gave us a thorough history/ perspective on Venice, government, Doge's Palace, St. Mark's, and an excellent short walking tour. She timed it perfectly as St. Mark's only has lights on for 15 min on hour and we could sit in middle as she gave history. I would highly recomment this tour and if you can request Gina!!!
My wife and I normally like to walk around a city on our own to investigate all the places the tours don't normally take you. On this tour we had a fantastic time, firstly in Doge Palace and then in the Basilica, which takes your breath away. She then took us for a walk and gave us more interesting stories and took us to places which I'm not sure we would have found on our own. Fantastic value for money!
Enjoyed strolling and learning about city. Doges palace tour very informative. All very worthwhile. Highly recommend it
Very informative. Without this tour we would not have ventured off main roads. Our guide was wonderful, patient, and very knowledgeable. Definitely recommend it.
Great information all through the tour / great service / guide ready for any question / guide with smile all the time
We highly recommend this tour. Our guide was knowledgeable and easy to understand. We saw many things that we would otherwise have overlooked. Our guide had all the answers!
We left our hotel early to be on time for the tour. Unfortunately we followed directions to the meet up place via google but after walking for an hour we never made it there. The streets are not well marked.
Loved the walking tour. St Mark's Basilica is amazing.
The tour was comprehensive and efficient. It included a walk through the streets of Venice, the Doge's Palace, and St. Mark's. We were leaving on a cruise at 4:00 pm that day and were fortunate to have found this tour that fit perfectly in our schedule and included everything we needed to see. The guide was extremely professional, personable, and knowledgeable. Her ability to gauge queue wait time and balance that with the much needed bathroom break was exceptionally orchestrated.