Welcome to Venice Small Group Walking Tour with Basilica San Marco and Gondola Ride
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Admire 4,000 square meters of mosaics in St. Mark’s while you hear the improbable story of its construction and how it came to house all its treasures.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
Learn the secrets of the architectural marvel that is the Rialto Bridge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Casa di Marco Polo, Calle Scaleta, 30121 Venice Italy
Explore a maze of charming alleyways, bridges and palaces, with stops at the house of Marco Polo
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo (San Zanipolo), Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, 6363 Venice Italy
Pass By: Cannaregio, Venice Italy
Stop At: Santa Maria dei Miracoli, Campo Dei Miracoli, 30121 Venice Italy
Explore a maze of charming alleyways, bridges and palaces, with stops at the Church of Miracles
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Chiesa di Santa Maria Formosa, Castello, 5263, 30122 Venice Italy
Stop At: Mercati di Rialto, Campo della Pescaria Vicino il Ponte di Rialto, 30125 Venice Italy
See the world-famous Rialto Fish Market and learn about the famous cuisine of Venice.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Castello, Venice Italy
Pass By: Chiesa di San Giacomo di Rialto, Campo San Giacomo di Rialto San Polo 1 San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
Pass By: Scuola Grande di San Marco, Campo dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo, 6777, 30122 Venice Italy
Explore a maze of charming alleyways, bridges and palaces, with stops at the Scuola Grande di San Marco (Venice’s main hospital),
- Walking tour (maximum 18 people)
- English Speaking Guide
- Venice gondola ride (maximum 6 passengers)
- Tickets to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Guide (during gondola ride)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. In the case in which the basilica is closed, we will give you explanations from the outside.
- Gondola rides can be subject to unforeseen closures due to the weather, an alternate activity will be provided in those circumstances
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica
- Rialto Market closed on Sunday
- No strollers allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, occasionally St. Mark's Basilica is closed to the public, without previous notice, due to high tides or particular festivities. In these cases we endeavor to contact customers as soon as possible to arrange a suitable alternative.
- After your 2-hour exploration of Venice, your guide drops you off at the Gondola Stand for a relaxing gondola ride. The guide will not be with you on the gondola.
- Most travelers can participate
Viator gave us the wrong meeting location. Luckily, I have been to Venice several times and know where the Rialto bridge is located. The tour itself was very good. The guide was informative and answered all questions.
Good tour guide, few rest break to use toilet, get coffee, etc.
Our guide Susan was wonderful,very knowledgable and we were delighted with our gondola ride.
The walking tour was great and very interesting and informative the guide was very knowledgeable. The only disappointing thing was that six of us were jammed into the gondola and we had thought we would enjoy the ride on our own. Very uncomfortable.
Interesting tour - not overly historical but rather everyday facts about Venice and Venetian way of life. St Marks was beautiful and the gondola ride was a good end to the tour
This was a very informative and interesting way to get your feet on the ground in Venice. Although the tour was only three hours long, we covered a lot of ground. The tour guide used a headset that transmitted her narrative to earphones worn by the tour participants, so we could hear her even when large crowds were around. A couple of downsides to be aware of: it appears that all the tour groups congregate at St. Mark's at the same time in the morning, so it's extremely crowded and noisy. Also, th gondola ride was a little uninteresting would have been nice to have had a gondolier who wanted to explain what we were seeing as we moved along. But that was minor, I guess. I can't say enough about our guide, Marie Therese. She was fabulous knowledgable and passionate about the city and imparted lots of little-known and interesting tidbits throughout the tour. Highly recommend her.