Phillip Island Ultimate Penguin Eco Tour or Skybox Experience
SKYBOX VIP EXPERIENCE : Enjoy the Penguin Parade (the world's smallest penguins in their natural habitat) from the comfort of an exclusive, elevated viewing tower. Located at the main viewing stands at the Penguin Parade, this option allows for 10 people each evening to have 'pole position' for penguin viewing. Warm and dry, you will enjoy an excellent overview of Summerland Beach and the penguin burrows. Interact with the ranger and take part in the penguin count to assist in the ongoing research of the Phillip Island penguins! The Skybox Experience also includes canapes and non-alcoholic beverages.
UNDERGROUND VIEWING: Enjoy the Penguin Parade with a bird's-eye view as you view the world's smallest penguins in their natural habitat in the world-first underground facility. Designed to cater for up to 70 people only, enjoy the Penguin Parade at eye-level and the closest possible viewing point undercover through the glass with expert commentary from a local ranger. You will also have access to the new Penguins Plus viewing platform, the new platform mirrors the coves of Phillip Island’s spectacular southern coastline and offers visitors unprecedented, up-close viewing of the little penguins as they make their way along the most popular penguin pathway at the Penguin Parade.
Before your tour, check out the Nobbies Centre, Phillip Island's newest eco-tourism attraction. This free world class marine attraction provides the chance to discover the wonders of the Australian marine environment through educational displays, conservation presentations and optional ranger guided tours. Fully interactive cameras at Seal Rocks (2km off shore) allow visitors to zoom in, catch a glimpse and take your very own photos of the Australian Fur Seals.
- Fully accredited eco tour (if option selected)
- Personal headphone commentary (eco tour only)
- Night vision technology to view penguins (eco tour only)
- Personalized view of the Penguin Parade
- Free use of binoculars
- Canapes and non-alcoholic beverages (Skybox tour only)
- Access to underground viewing area and Penguins Plus viewing platform (if underground option selected)
- Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Entry/Admission - The Nobbies Centre
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Plan your day to arrive 1.5 hours before sunset. Enjoy Nobbies Conservation Centre while you wait (5 minutes from parade site)
- Penguin arrival time is advertised around the island
- All revenue generated by the Phillip Island Nature Park benefits penguins and conservation
- No refunds are issued for adverse weather conditions
- The Penguin Parade is an outdoor experience so please dress warmly and wear sturdy footwear (slip-on shoes or high heels not permitted)
- Ultimate Penguin Eco Tour participants must have a reasonable level of fitness and flexibility to walk approximately 1.4 miles (2 kilometers) along the beach or roads and sit quietly on a beach for approximately 1 hour
- Penguin Eco Tour caters up to 10 people. Skybox experience caters up to 10 people per night
- Photography and video are NOT PERMITTED at the Penguin Parade
- Children aged 15 years and under are not permitted on this tour
This was the best. It was a small group of about 10 people and we quietly sat on the beach waiting for the sun to go down. Pretty soon we heard the penguins as they arrive on shore. With night goggles we watched them walk up to their houses on the beach. Our guide was very informative and we would definitely recommend this tour.
Loved it!! Being in the Skybox gave us a closer look at these precious tiny babies. Plus it was a lot warmer. Definitely a good buy for us. The tiny penguins came right up to the glass in curiosity!!
We did the ultimate tour and sat right on the beach with the penguins. It was cold and windy but it was worth it to be so close to the penguins. The park provided waterproof jackets and pants and they came in handy since it rained a little the night we were there. The walk back isn't too far and you see a lot more penguins along the way.