Small Group Giverny and Versailles Tour from Paris
small group day trip from Paris, discover
two of the most iconic sites with a professional private guide.
For more comfort, your driver picks you up at your hotel in Paris. On board a minivan for the roughly 1-hour drive to Versailles, where you'll walk in the footsteps of the 'Sun King', King Louis XIV. On a tour of their extravagant apartments, try to imagine daily life for the royal family. Walk through the famous Hall of Mirrors, the Grand Apartments, and the Queen's Apartments as your guide helps bring history to life. Enjoy some free time to wander through the expansive gardens behind the palace at Versailles.
Afterward, take a midday break for lunch, and then continue on to Giverny.
In the afternoon the guide will share the calm and almost other worldly beauty of Claude Monet’s Home and Gardens in Giverny. Learn about the famous Impressionist and enjoy to explore inside his colored home, stroll along the charming paths of his flower garden, and admire the water garden with the little green bridge and lake full of his famous water lilies. You’ll enjoy Skip-the-line access and Pick up & Drop off to your accomodations in Paris.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- See two of the most iconic sites in the area of Paris: Versailles is an incredible Palace, full of history of excessiveness and beauty and Giverny for its beauty that inspired so many of Claude Monet’s paintings!
- Learn from a local professional guide : Passionate story tellers, all our guides are professional with a professional guide license.
- Pick up & Drop off: Included in your tour, you do not need to take a taxi or metro to reach a meeting point.
- A small group tour : A group with no more than 8 people and your guide.
- Skip-the-Line access: Thanks to our partnership with the Foundation Monet, you have direct access to the gardens.
- Monet’s Home: The yellow dining room, his first workshop and the kitchen are especially memorable.
- The Flower Garden: Every season, every month, flower beds change: tulips, hyacinths, iris, nasturtiums. At any time of the year, find the flower landscapes dear to the impressionist master.
- The Water Garden: Monet liked to spend time there and observe the variations of light and the reflections on the pond.
- The Japanese Bridge: See the famous little green bridge crossing his pond with your own eyes.
- Comfortable A/C Van: Enjoy your ride in a new, immaculately clean van with leather seats and large windows and a sunroof
- Small Group Tour
- Exclusive services
- Licensed Professional Driver Guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Wonderful tour with very knowledgeable tour guide. Definitely recommend doing Versailles with tour guide and going early to beat the traffic. We were first tour and it was much less crowded than when we were leaving. Monets house and gardens in Giverny were spectacular. My husband even loved this and he’s not into flowers.
We had 2 tour guides on our day-long trip and both guides were awesome! Sarah grew up in Giverney so she knew everyone there. No queuing up or waiting in lines for us, Sarah just zipped past everyone with a smile and a wave of her badge. Sheer suggestion for lunch was spot on and she even knew where to stand to take great photos of us!The Versailles tour was great but we did not get as much time in the gardens as we would have liked. The guide there was extremely knowledgeable and helped us navigate the crowds.
Car too small for 8 passengers otherwise terrific. Guide was excellent.