Skip-the-line Versailles Palace and Gardens tour from Versailles
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Meet your guide in Versailles and start a journey in the footsteps of the kings and queens of France. During the reign of Louis XIV, the Sun King, Versailles was the place to be and to be seen. Nowadays visitors from all over the world still come to Versailles to marvel at the splendors of this incredible palace. Your skip-the-line access allows you to bypass the long lines that form each day, and your friendly local guide will steer you expertly through the crowds, bringing the famous figures who once inhabited this palace back to life, and making sure you don’t miss a thing.
See the dazzling Hall of Mirrors and the royal bedrooms where the king and queen would go to bed and get up daily in front of a large audience. Learn about life at the royal court (there was even a ceremony for the King putting on and taking off his hunting boots!) the glory of the Sun King that was symblolised by this magnificent palace, and the tragic downfall of King Louis XVI and his wife Marie Antoinette during the French Revolution.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Stroll through the glittering Hall of Mirrors, as Kings, Queens and courtiers once did, as your guide brings the daily life, ceremonies and scandals of the royal court to life.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
After visiting the state apartments inside the palace, your guide will lead you through the spectacular gardens, once the setting of balls, parties and elaborate firework displays, the symbol of the King's power over nature. Discover hidden groves and on fountain show days you will see the amazing waterworks, still running today as they did in the times of kings and queens.
Duration: 1 hour
- Fully guided tour of the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
- Guided visit of the Musical Gardens or Fountain show (depending on day of the week)
- Fully accredited English speaking guide
- Headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Transportation to/from Versailles
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour involves a reasonable amount of walking. Please ensure you wear comfortable shoes.
- Please note that due to ongoing restoration works some rooms in the palace may be closed to visitors. Should this be the case, our guides will replace with visits to other rooms so that your experience is complete
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note access in the gardens is difficult for wheelchair users. There are cobblestones in the courtyard and the paths are stony.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
We took the tour with a group of about 20 others. The guide did a wonderful job of keeping the group together and providing details of the Palace and the grounds which were interesting and informative. This tour is well planned and executed and provides a level of detail which a basic audio tour could not compare with. There is a great deal of walking and it can be taxing but well worth it if you are comfortable with the amount of walking. Our guide was wonderful, thank you.
I would highly recommend this guided tour to anyone who is looking to get amazed with absolute opulence teamed with someone to narrate you all the history behind it. We visited Paris in the first week of May 2018 and Palace of Versailles has always been in my list. I would recommend a guided tour as this place has so much history to offer. I chose this guided tour as it was pretty new in Viator, accommodates only small group 10-12 and provided flexibility in choosing how long you wanted the tour for. We opted the early morning 9:15 slot and a half day guided tour. Honestly half day was just perfect for us as we got to see most parts of the palace and the gardens. We even had access to the palace chapel which was not open to general public. Our guide I am so sorry but I forgot his name was brilliant. He was very clear and fluent in speaking English. They provided us with earphones which worked very well without any problems till the end of our tour. He knew so much about everything around there which made it more interesting for us. He would even answer our questions we had about the architecture or paintings or anything around that place. At the end of our tour, we even had the option to extend if we liked. Overall an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend this guided tour.