Skip-the-Line Versailles: Public and Private Apartments
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Meet your tour guide in Versailles just 30 min train ride from central Paris. Enter this iconic palace without waiting in lines and start your tour with the private apartments of the Kings. Your guide will take you through a side door as these apartments are not open to the general public. Far from the hassle of the crowd, you will enjoy the tranquility of these intimate rooms where only few visitors are allowed. Learn about the monarch’s intimate life in the reduced circle of family and friends, far from the constraints of the court etiquette. With Louis the XV small apartments and cabinets multiplied and the sovereigns frequently withdrew to their private apartments.
No visit to Versailles is complete without seeing the Hall of Mirrors…This impressive gallery of 73 meters long is composed of 350 mirrors and was intended to impress the visitors in Versailles during the French Monarchy. It still does today! Your expert guide will tell you about the celebrations and masked balls given here.
After visiting the Private and Public apartments get ready to explore the massive French Gardens (without guide)! With its ponds and alleys, fountains and groves, long perspectives and water parterres reflecting the building this garden is a masterpiece of the garden “à la française”. On Saturdays and Sundays your visit will be enhanced by the impressive water Show while on Tuesdays you will admire the Musical Fountains Show.
Duration: 3 hours
- Skip-the-line access
- Professional guide for the Palace
- Fountain Show in the gardens
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Transportation from Paris to Versailles
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- An important amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable shoes
- Please note that the meeting point is in the office located outside the Palace (check adress on your voucher)
- Please arrive on time, no refund or postpone in case of late arrival
- The skip-the-line access can be slowed down on peak days due to various safety controls established by the Versailles Palace
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
You will spend a good amount of time in the private apartments with a small group. Our guide, Ruben, was super knowledgeable and made this a very interactive and interesting tour. Be prepared for the large crowds once you enter the public apartments. The palace does not allow strollers so I would not recommend this attraction for families with small children.