Versailles Gardens Segway Tour
Start with a ride through the breathtaking Versailles Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Ride along the edge of the Grand Canal and listen as your guide points out the Grand Trianon, the Petit Trianon, the Queen's Hamlet, the king’s horse stables and other noteworthy buildings, scattered throughout the park.
Stop periodically to hear about the history of King Louis XIV, whose lavish, over-the-top fantasies led him to commission this grand estate as his palatial retreat in the 17th century. Pause in front of the majestic Palace of Versailles to take photos and admire its grandeur.
Of course you can always visit the Palace independently once your tour is over (own expense, closed on Monday), and learn about the fascinating history of this remarkable building.
- Professional guide
- Use of Segway and helmet
- Orientation session
- Ponchos and gloves if required
- Entrance to the Palace of Versailles
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tickets for the gardens on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Not suitable for people with mobility issues; you must be able to make the motion of climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Good walking shoes or other suitable footwear recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Access to the Grand Canal from Versailles Main entrance is 9€ or you can access it without pay from the Grille de la Reine gate.
The Segway was a nice way to see the gardens. There isn't too much to see in the gardens pasted the canal, but my 13 year old thought the Segway was cool. Keep in mind that the walk to the Segway meeting point is long, so make sure you read the detailed instructions in the info they email.
really was great. Had a problem and had to change days at the last moment. They were very helpful and accommodating. Great way to see the gardens.
Segways are definitely the way to see the gardens of Versailles! It was surprisingly easy and fun to navigate the segway. Wish the tour information was more in depth and that this tour was packaged with entrance to the castle. At the end of the garden tour, we waited 1.5 hrs to get into castle. Overall, it was a fun adventure.