Historical Hitler Walking Tour of Vienna
- Licensed and knowledgeable guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Heldenplatz
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to many cobblestones on our route, not recommended for guest within a wheelchair
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Due to Vienna's unpredictable weather, please bring water, sunblock, raincoat or umbrella
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Dieter was an excellent guide who gave a great deal of information and clarified a number of historical inaccuracies. He is also very diplomatic in answering a number of contentious issues. This is the best walking tour I have ever been on. Each location had a specific history lesson. A must do tour to understand Vienna links to the third rich. I am a historian and I had a great experience with this excellent guide
Thank you to Sigi for her informative and personal walking tour of Vienna. We learned about the history of Hitler's early years in Vienna. Sigi mixed it in with understanding of what happened to the Jewish community in Vienna and shared with us there monuments in their memory.
Excellent tour. Learned so much. Great value.
Our guide Deter was well informed and had a lot of great information. Well worth the time to trace the path and learn of the facts during this era. Our guide had a picture of the bombing pattern through Vienna and showed us many historically significant locations. The next day on a taxi ride through the city, I was able to visually spot and understand the difference of the architecture throughout the city due to the war's destruction. A memorable and worthwhile tour.
Dieter our guide was very knowledgable and informative, and the tour was interesting, but the tour could perhaps be more appropriately titled as Vienna in Hitlers days as the only two sights on the walking tour that had Hitlers presence were the Academy of Arts and the site where he declared the annexation of Austria. I would think a walking tour through the citys historical landmarks that survived or did not survive WWII or witnessed historical events in Vienna, as well as how life in Vienna went on during Nazi occupation of Vienna would be equally interesting.
Very interesting tour. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and would highly recommend this tour. Well worth it!
This was an excellent tour which I highly recommend. You won't be disappointed.