Salzburg and Alpine Lakes Tour from Vienna
Salzburg is an inviting, beautiful city on the banks of the River Salzach, and is also the world capital of classical music, being the home town of both Mozart and Karajan. Walk through the Mirabell Gardens and see the very house where Mozart was born, as well as the cathedral and St. Peter’s Abbey, one of the oldest abbeys in Europe. During your free time you may choose to take the funicular up to the fortress of Hohensalzburg from where you have marvelous panoramic views over the city. Anyone who has ever watched 'The Sound of Music' will be thrilled at seeing some of the film locations.
After embracing the cultural side of Salzburg, you will explore the natural beauty of the Salzkammergut lake region. What could be more magnificent than the reflection of the mighty Alpine mountains in the crystal clear water of the picturesque lakes? Prepare yourself for some unforgettable alpine landscapes, pure clear air, and the sparkling blue water of the Mondsee lake.
These are not the only treasures that are waiting for you in the Salzkammergut. The last highlight of the tour will be small villages on the shores of the Attersee. The still waters of the mysterious lakes hide many legends and stories, which all contribute to the very special character of this tour.
- Hotel pickup from Vienna central hotels (postcodes 1010 to 1090). No pick up from apartments.
- Walking tour with professional local guide in Salzburg
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van with professional driver-guide
- Guided tour on the way from Vienna to Salzburg and back
- Photo pauses at Alpine lakes Mondsee and Traunsee
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off. Tour ends at the Vienna State Opera, Albertinaplatz
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant is free until a separate seat needed
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide in English and Russian
- Please note that you will cover approx. 370 miles (600 km) by motorway at this day; It is about a 6.5-hour drive with two 30-minutes stops; You will spend around 4 hours in Salzburg, a 2-hour walking tour and 2 hours of free time
A beautiful scenic drive from Vienna to Salzburg. Everyone in my group really loved Salzburg. Real pity we were only there for the day. Would have loved to stay a bit longer. Would love to experience the town with a lot less tourist to share it with. Our guide had to describe the tour in 3 different languages which is quite amazing to me. Very talented and knowledgeable. Definitely recommend this tour.
We had a v good day amazing scenic drive, lovely tour guide Ileana. Wish had more time for lunch...and a bit earlier.