Small-Group Wachau Bike Tour with Wine-Tasting from Vienna
On arrival, follow your guide on a short walk to the beautiful monastery of Stift Melk then cruise to Melk’s historic Old Town on your kickbikes and perhaps stop for lunch (own expense) for local specialities.
During your cycling tour, explore winding roads through the Danube Valley and soak up the atmosphere in scenic Wachau. Take in top attractions such as the 12th-century ruins of Aggstein Castle and admire sweeping views over the banks of the mighty Danube River.
Cross the Danube River by local ferry then visit a local winery with your guide. Sample some of the fine Austrian wines in production during a tasting session, and perhaps savour a delicious snacks (own expense). Then, return in comfort to your starting point in Vienna between 5pm and 6pm.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Use of kickbike
- Use of helmet
- Small-group tour (maximum of seven people)
- Entry/Admission - Wachau Valley
- Entry/Admission - Burgruine Aggstein
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of four people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of seven people per booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
We had a spectacular experience touring the picturesque towns of Melk, Krems and Spitz. Our guide, Niko Matejka, was amazing, professional, extremely knowledgeable and took us to the Gritsch Vineyards in Spitz. He shared many wonderful stories with us. We took a ferry across the Danube to the vineyards. We tasted a variety of wine and met the owner who prepared an Austrian appetizer plate for us. We were able to purchase the wine, as well. The views from the Gritsch home/vineyard were spectacular - gorgeous, lush vineyards and the owner and his staff were so nice. Additionally, our guide Niko took us to the Melk Abby and through the quaint town of Melk where we had a delicious snack at an outdoor restaurant that was a few hundred years old. We toured Schonbuhel-Aggsbach and spent time in Aggstein Castle - a ruined castle on the right bank of the Danube in Wachau, Austria. We rode our kick-bikes down the mountain from the castle - it was an exhilarating experience. I would highly recommend Viator and this experience - especially our guide, Niko. Niko was outstanding and fun! Lisa and Gary G.