Vienna Hofburg Orchestra: Mozart and Strauss Concert
Enjoy a 1.5-hour concert of the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra (Wiener Hofburg Orchester) and see a performance by an orchestra consisting of about 40 professional musicians and international soloists of the Vienna State Opera. A visit to Hofburg Vienna also gives you a great opportunity to see the representation rooms of the Imperial Palace.
The Vienna Hofburg Orchestra was founded 30 years ago by musician and conductor Gert Hofbauer. Enjoy an unforgettable Viennese evening with the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra and compositions by the “King of Waltz”, Johann Strauss son. Feel the wonderful atmosphere at Vienna's Imperial Palace (Hofburg) as you are listening to arias of operas by W. A. Mozart.
• Johann Strauss "Rosen aus dem Süden" (Roses from the South)
• Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart "Nun vergiß‘ leises Flehen" / "The Marriage of Figaro"
• Johann Strauss"Frühlingsstimmen Walzer" (Voices of Spring)
• Gaetano Donizetti "Der Liebestrank" (Elixir of Love) "Nemorino’s arie"
• Wolfgang A. Mozart "Sagt holde Frauen" / "The Marriage of Figaro"
• Johann Strauss "Grüß‘ Dich Gott" / "Vienna Blood"
• Johann Strauss "Vergnügungszug" (Pleasure Train)
• Franz Léhàr "Lippen schweigen" (Lips are Silent) Duet from "The Merry Widow"
• Johann Strauss"Ich lade gern mir Gäste ein" (I Always Feel Beholden) / "Die Fledermaus"
• Johann Strauss "Im Krapfenwaldl" – Polka
• Johann Strauss Duet from "Vienna Blood"
• Johann Strauss "Tritsch-Tratsch" – Polka
• Johann Strauss "Mein Herr Marquis" (My Dear Marquis) / "Fledermaus"
• Josef Strauss "Feuerfest" - Polka française
• W.A. Mozart "Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen" ( A girl or a woman) / "The Magic Flute"
• W.A. Mozart "Papageno – Papagena"
• Johann Strauss "Brüderlein - Schwesterlein" (Brother Mine, Sister Mine) / "Die Fledermaus"
• Johann Strauss "The Blue Danube" / "The Danube Waltz "
• Johann Strauss "Radetzky March"(Program is subject to change.)
- Live Vienna Hofburg Orchestra concert
- Entry/Admission - Imperial Palace (Hofburg)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Check-in is 30 minutes prior to concert start
- Main concert location is Vienna Hofburg (Redoutensaal). At certain dates, the concerts take place at different locations. The organizer will give you clear information about the location of your concert when your booking is confirmed. Possible locations are: - Redoutensaal: Hofburg (Imperial Palace) 1010 Wien, Josefsplatz - Zeremoniensaal: Hofburg (Imperial Palace) 1010 Wien, Heldenplatz - Konzerthaus: 1030 Wien, Lothringerstraße 20 - Gartenpalais Liechtenstein: 1090 Wien, Fürstengasse 1
We showed up for a tour 17 taxi plus the lost fees for the tour and were sent away because we did not have our passports in our possession. On the 3rd page, in the middle of the third paragraph, without emphasis/bold type, instructions to bring your passport was listed. We lost the money for the tour, were away from the hotel early AM and not too appreciative of you or your vendor for slipping in this tidbit like lawyers with the fine print. I doubt we will utilize your services again as you are a go between and a careless one at that. For your info, we have already begun planning our trip to Scotland and have not looked your way for assistance.
It was not what I expected. I paid extra money for seats towards the front. We arrived 30 minutes early as stated, however the seats in the front were occupied. The seats were general admission and up front upgrades was false advertisment. The venue didn't showcase the dancing. We couldn't see any of the dancing other than their upper bodies. The music selection was a disappointment. Gunshots, anvils, and whistles are not what I want to hear when I attend an orchestra concert in Vienna. This concert is not the one to attend if you are looking for an elaborate musical composition from the orchestra.
This concert was magnificent! The musicians were of the highest caliber, and it was evident that they really enjoyed performing together. The program featured not only beautiful orchestral music by Mozart and Strauss, but also included performances by two wonderful opera singers and two excellent dancers. There were even some light-hearted moments woven into the concert as well, which made the evening truly delightful. Initially I had been disappointed to learn that the performance that evening was to be held at the smaller venue of the Vienna Konzerthaus rather than at the Imperial Palace, but as it turned out, the more intimate setting proved to be even better! I had purchased the higher priced tickets, and we arrived before the doors opened. Since the ticket voucher did not contain seat numbers, we were shown in and asked if we wanted to sit in the very front row! What a thrill that was! No one should miss attending a classical concert while visiting Vienna, and this is truly one of the best!
Wonderful evening in an amazing venue. Rollicking fun.
It was the highlight of the whole trip. The orchestra was great and the singers superb in an appropriate setting.