Vienna Mozart Concert at the Musikverein
The Musikverein was inaugurated by Emperor Franz Joseph in 1870. The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra's New Year's Concert, broadcast worldwide every year, is performed in the famous Golden Hall of the Musikverein. It is the permanent seat of the orchestra, and is air-conditioned.
Choose from Category A, B, C or Superior tickets. Or indulge in the VIP package which includes the following:
• 4-course Gourmet menu and aperitif at the Restaurant Bristol
• 4-course Gourmet menu and aperitif at the Restaurant Opus for VIP package only
• Fiaker carriage ride from the Restaurant to the concert hall
• Best category seating for the concert
• Glass of sparkling wine or soft drink in the VIP area of the concert hall
• Opportunity to meet the performers backstage
• Attendance by a Mozart page
• Cloak room fees
- Seating in your chosen category
- Free Vienna Mozart Orchestra CD
- If you have selected the VIP package, the following is included:
- 4-course Gourmet menu and aperitif at Hotel Imperial 'Opus' Restaurant.
- Fiaker carriage ride from the restaurant to the concert hall
- Best category seating for the concert
- Glass of sparkling wine or soft drink
- Opportunity to meet the performers backstage
- Attendance by a Mozart page
- Cloak room fees
- Entry/Admission - Musikverein
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Vienna Mozart Orchestra Program is available for purchase on the evening of concert. It is approximately EUR5 per program.
- Smart evening attire is advised. No sneakers, jeans or shorts are permitted in the concert halls.
- VIP seating requires a minimum of 2 people per booking. If you choose this option there must be two or more people in your party. If you book for one only, your booking will be rejected within 48 hours.
- Please note: adult rates apply to all travelers. Children and student tickets can be purchased in destination and will be available at a reduced rate
- Please check in additional info to see the seating plan
- Discount tickets (children and youth 5 - 18): Photo ID compulsory at the time of collection.
Lots of fun if you are a fan of Mozart. A great introduction to his music if you don’t know his music. Beautiful concert hall and very talented and entertaining musicians.
It was entertaining, mostly music you know , a little bit of opera, nice building also, worth a visit
This is a great deal! We chose tickets in Group 2, and when we went to our seats, we ended up in a box right next to the stage! Our tickets also had a price on them of 105 EUR each, so this is a good deal. The show is awesome, the musicians are great, and it's a full 2 hours of music. The only downside is that it's full of tourists who may not have gotten the memo to dress up, so many people show up in shorts, sneakers, jeans, hats, etc. It's not a big deal but if you went to a traditional night at the symphony, you wouldn't see anyone dressed like this.
very nice place ,music and worth doing ,we were a group but although our seats were not together the atmosphere and sound effect inside the hall was amazing even our teen age kids enjoyed it
Just Fabulous ! I would really reccomend this. Its suitable for solo travelers and very easy to attend as its in the city
I was quite surprised when I get my seat. I purchased CAT C seat ticket but on the day itself, I sat on the right side first row which is very near to the stage. Thanks Viator for free upgrade!! And the show itself it was wonderful, definitely worth to see. All the arrangements are very well organised.
Our evening in the stunning Golden Hall was truly a memorable experience.. Listening to the Vienna Mozart Orchestra dressed in period costume was magical.
This is a must do attraction when in Vienna. Very well organized music concert and who doesnt love Mozart's music! However, please do not select the lowest fare seating, as it is set behind the stage. We ended up sitting behind the orchestra, facing the main audience. It was really disappointing as we couldnt enjoy the orchestra and only hear the music!! Otherwise, this is a really nice concert in Vienna!
The concert itself was fun and enjoyable but I dont think I would book through here again for the tickets. We had terrible seats and could barely see the concert. These were almost the top price tickets. I think there was one level above what we paid. If possible, I would opt to go directly to actual music hall site where you can pick your seats and see where youll be. We paid almost 100 to listen to music not see anything. Pretty disappointed in that.
It was absolutely worth paying for the VIP package. The dinner at Opus Restaurant in Imperial Hotel was delicious and the service was very attentive. Then the Mozart Page came to greet us and pick us up from the restaurant to go on the carriage ride. We had thought the carriage ride would be only from the restaurant to the concert hall but it was a 30-minute ride around town in Vienna which was beautiful in the lights. Then the concert was completely enjoyable and fun. The musicians looked like they loved performing for the audience and the conductor was great to involve the audience in a couple of pieces to make the concert very memorable for us all. We would recommend this to everyone!