Vienna Mozart Evening: Gourmet Dinner and Concert at the Musikverein
Your evening begins as you make your own way to Restaurant Bristol, located in the Hotel Bristol, next to the Vienna State Opera. You’ll be in good company here; the 1892 hotel has hosted such illustrious names as Teddy Roosevelt, composer George Gershwin, opera star Enrico Caruso and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.
Make yourself comfortable at your table and enjoy an aperitif while taking in the surroundings of this elegant Viennese restaurant. Then feast on your 3-course gourmet dinner of Austrian and international dishes (if you prefer, you have the option to eat dinner after the concert instead). After having satisfied your tummy, you’ll be ready to delight your ears.
The Musikverein is a 5-minute walk from the restaurant, so head there on your own when you’re finished with dinner. Inaugurated by Emperor Franz Joseph in 1870, it is one of Europe’s most famous concert halls, known for its fabulous acoustics, and is the home of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
Make your way to your seat and enjoy your entertainment by the Vienna Mozart Orchestra. Hear overtures, arias and duets from some of Mozart’s famous operas, like Don Giovanni, The Marriage of Figaro and The Magic Flute, and listen to movements from symphonies and serenades such as ‘Eine kleine Nachtmusik’ and ‘Symphony No. 40.’ You’ll also get a little variety with some additional music by Johann Strauss.
When the concert is over, hum Mozart tunes all the way back to your hotel (or to Restaurant Bristol, if you’ve chosen a post-concert dinner). If that still isn’t enough for you, pop in your complimentary Mozart CD, given to you at the concert!
Click 'View Additional Info' below to see a seating plan of the Golden Hall at the Musikverein.
- Seating in your chosen category (Superior, A, B or C)
- Vienna Mozart Orchestra CD
- 3-course dinner and aperitif at Restaurant Bristol
- Entry/Admission - Musikverein
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified (you can purchase your own drinks during dinner)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- There is a later dinner option available at 10:15pm at the restaurant Bristol. If you prefer the later dinner option, please announce at time of booking under 'Special Requirements'
- The Vienna Mozart Orchestra Program is available for purchase on the evening of your concert for approx. 5 euros
- Smart evening attire is required; no sneakers, jeans or shorts are permitted in the concert hall
- Please note: adult rates apply to all travelers. Children and student tickets can be purchased in destination and will be available at a reduced rate
- Vegetarian dinner options are available upon request only; need to be submitted at least 5 days prior to concert date
- Please kindly see additional info to check the seating plan
- Discount tickets (children and youth 5 - 18): Photo ID compulsory at the time of collection.
We had dinner at shoreline Bristol, which was a beautiful place and the food and service were great The concert was wonderful, the golden hall is stunning, We were disappointed that so many people ignored the dress code and also some were taking photos all the way through which was annoying, We enjoyed the concert very much
Dinner was great!
This was a very nice evening. Dinner at the Hotel Bristol was delicious and the hotel was posh and elegant. You'll want to dress appropriately. Then it was a quick walk to the Musikverein concert hall. Our terrific tour guide from the previous day, Franz, had pointed out that the statues along the walls of the hall help with the acoustics and he was right. Speaking as someone who has had season tickets to the ballet for years and therefore have had a lot of exposure to classical music, I can say that the quality of the musicians and singers was excellent. The show itself was well produced and entertaining.
An excellent dinner and beautiful concert well worth the money