Vienna State Opera House Mozart Concert in Historical Costumes
Likely to Sell-out! Performances at the Vienna State Opera House regularly sell out weeks in advance. Book ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
The Vienna State Opera House was opened in 1869 with a gala performance of Mozart's Don Giovanni. It has since become one of the world's leading opera houses. Many great musicians have held the post of director, among them Gustav Mahler, Richard Strauss, Herbert von Karajan, Karl Bohm and Lorin Maazel.
Choose from Category A, B, C or Superior tickets. Or indulge in the VIP package which includes the following:
• Gourmet menu at the Restaurant Bristol at Mahler Strasse
• Fiaker drive from the restaurant to the concert hall
• Best-category seating for the concert
• Glass of sparkling wine or soft drink in the VIP area of the concert hall
• Backstage gathering with the performers
• Attendance by a Mozart page
• Cloak room fees
The program of the Vienna Mozart Concerts is characterized by a very accurate selection of the works. The artistic conception giving ground to the musical sequence of overtures, arias, duets, movements of symphonies and concerts offers powerful insight in the titanic works by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
The Vienna Mozart Orchestra includes 30 musicians from the best Viennese orchestras; 2 opera singers (soprano and baritone) from the Vienna State Opera and Volksopera; and 1 soloist for piano, violin and flute.
Orchestra, conductor and singers perform in period costumes
Formerly the winter residence of the Habsburgs, the Hofburg has a unique situation among the great festive halls in Vienna. It was here that the Emperor entertained his guests. Modern technical systems, such as air-conditioning have been successfully integrated into this magnificent hall.
History of the Vienna Mozart Orchestra
The Vienna Mozart Orchestra was founded in 1986 by musicians from the best and most famous Viennese orchestras and from various chambers music ensembles. The artists all shared the aim of preserving the musical tradition and the cultural of Vienna by dedicating themselves to the cultivation and representation of symphonic chamber music of the Viennese Classical Period.
As the name Vienna Mozart Orchestra implies, the 30 musicians devote themselves exclusively to the works by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the most accomplished representative of that period who, though born in Salzburg, found his home in Vienna. The orchestra's repertoire ranges from all of Mozart's symphonies to a great variety of his instrumental concertos (for violin, piano and wind) to arias and duets from his most famous operas.
Below is an example of one of the 80 different programs:
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART
"Don Giovanni", K. 527
Duettino Zerlina - Don Giovanni
La ci darem la mano
Donna Elvira's aria: Mi tradi
Don Giovanni's aria: Finch' han dal vino
Posthorn-Serenade, D Major, K 320
6th movement: Menuetto
Violin concerto No. 5 A Major, K. 219
1st movement: Allegro aperto
2nd movement: Adagio
3rd movement: Rondo, Tempo di Menuetto
* * * * I N T E R V A L * * * *
"The Marriage of Figaro", K. 492
The Count's aria: Hai gia vinta la causa!
Duet Susanna - Count: Crudel! perche finora
Symphony No. 40, g minor, K 550
1st movement: Molto Allegro
"Cosi fan tutte", K 588
Fiordiligi's aria: Come scoglio
Eine kleine Nachtmusik, K. 525
1st movement: Allegro
"The Magic Flute", K. 620
Der Vogelfanger bin ich ja
Duet Papageno - Papageno: Pa - pa
"The Blue Danube" - Waltz
Please note this is a sample program which is subject to change without notice
Duration: 2 hours
- Seating in your chosen category
- Free Vienna Mozart Orchestra CD
- If you have selected the VIP package, the following is included:
- Gourmet menu' at the Hotel Imperial 'Opus' Restaurant.
- Fiaker drive from the restaurant to the concert hall
- Best category seating for the concert
- Glass of sparkling wine or soft drink
- Back stage gathering with the performers
- Attendance by a Mozart page
- Cloak room fees
- Entry/Admission - Wiener Staatsoper
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Vienna Mozart Orchestra Program is available for purchase on the evening of concert. It is approximately EUR5 per program.
- Dress code is formal
- VIP seating requires a minimum of 2 people per booking. If you choose this option there must be two or more people in your party. If you book for one only, your booking will be rejected within 48 hours.
- Please check additional info to see the seating plan
- Discount tickets (children and youth 5 - 18): Photo ID compulsory at the time of collection.
The concert hall inside was really nice, however, the performance was only average.
This was a phenomenal experience. A great venue, a great engaging performance, in a great part of the city.
Great performance at outstanding opera house.
It was a great way to get the tickets without the hassle.