Full-Day Vientiane Sightseeing Tour with Buddha Park Visit
Continue to nearby Ho Phra Keo, the former royal temple and now a museum of Buddhist art and sculpture. The building housed the Emerald Buddha until it was taken to Bangkok following a skirmish with Laos in 1778. It still displays some of the finest Buddha sculptures found in the country.
Next, see That Luang with its golden stupa in the characteristic banana-flower shape. At the most revered shrine in Laos, visit a central structure that is 147 feet (45 meters) tall and echoes the curving lines of an elongated lotus bud; the original stupa is said to contain a relic of the Lord Buddha.
Continue to the Victory Gate, also known as Anousavali, constructed in 1958; its architecture is inspired by the Arc de Triomphe of Paris and incorporates typical Lao motifs including the 'Kinnaree,' or mythical bird-woman. Energetic visitors can climb the top of the monument and enjoy a panoramic view of Laos’ capital from Vientiane’s highest point (entrance fee to climb to the top is not included).
After lunch at a local restaurant, drive outside of the city to the monk-designed Buddha Park, which doubles as both a religious site and a place for many locals to relax outdoors during weekends and public holidays. The park is filled with Buddhist and mythological animal statues, making for plenty of photo ops.
Return back to your place of pickup after a full day of sightseeing in and around Vientiane.
- Lunch included at local restaurant (food only)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in the city center
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Great Sacred Stupa (Pha That Luang)
- Entry/Admission - Wat Ho Phra Keo
- Entry/Admission - Wat Si Saket
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Entrance fee to climb to the top of Victory Gate
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as other meals, drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center
- Tips and gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Based on minimum 2 adults
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note that pick-up and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- The mentioned excursion durations are approximations; we are unable to exactly predict the total duration from pick-up to drop-off based on unforeseen circumstances such as traffic and weather conditions and the routing the driver has to take to get all customers on the vehicle. We ask for your kind understanding that these are average times
Tour guide was excellent with his local knowledge and ability to keep stories succinct so we didn't stand out in the sun too long. The sights were good, but not great. A bit dusty or under some repair work. Overall a good single day exposure to the Laos capital!