Small-Group Glacier Hiking and Ice Climbing on Sólheimajokull Glacier
The tour offers you the opportunity to hike on the magnificent glacier tongue that is Solheimajokull glacier as well as to try out your ice climbing skills on an ice wall. Solheimajokull Glacier is simply an unforgettable place with its unique ice formations, sinkholes and jagged ridges.
Be returned to the original departure point at tour's end.
- Small group guarantee
- Guided glacier hike on Solheimajokull glacier
- Certified glacier guide
- All necessary glacier gear
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hiking shoes (can be rented for a small fee)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is a small group adventure, limited to 8 participants per guide, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Minimum age is 14 years
- The tour is about 4 hours with approx. 3 hours on ice.
- Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head-wear, gloves and good hiking shoes.
- Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented from the local operator for a small fee, please contact the local operator prior to traveling if you wish to rent some gear.
- This tour is available all year round
Excellent day spent hiking the glacier, exploring an ice cave, and giving ice climbing a try for the first time!!! Our guide was informative, funny, personable, and smart. We moved at a good pace and looked out for everyone in the group. Nothing was ever too slow or too strenuous. Safety was definitely a priority, which makes sense because it is easy to forget you are out in the wild on a glacier when everything looks surreal. We both wore the hard boots offered to us, which were necessary in order to participate in the ice climbing. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone looking for a little adventure and some beautiful, unforgettable scenery!