Warsaw: Off the Beaten Path (regular city tour)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grzybowski Square, Warsaw Poland
We will start on Grzybowski Square, which is the epicenter of capital contrasts - from pre-war buildings, through relics of communism, to modern skyscrapers of the future.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Palace of Culture and Science, Plac Defilad 1, Warsaw 00-110 Poland
Short information about history of communim time.
Pass By: Warsaw Institute of Technology, ul. plac Politechniki 1, Warsaw 00-661 Poland
Short information about Warsaw University of Technology.
Pass By: Copernicus Science Centre, Wybrzeze Kosciuszkowskie 20, Warsaw 00-390 Poland
The River Vistula will reveal its secrets - after all it is the queen of Polish rivers.
Stop At: Praga Polnoc, ul.Zabkowska, Warsaw Poland
We will discover the secrets of Warsaw courtyards, look at the gates to feel the breeze of another city, slightly hidden from the eyes of onlookers. We will get to know the places where Varsovians meet, we will see where hipsters and nature enthusiasts go to.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Bar Ząbkowski S.C., Ząbkowska 2, 03-735 Warszawa, Poland
We will touch the buildings that survived the war and we will stop for refreshments at the local bar.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Plac Konstytucji, plac Konstytucji, Warsaw 00-001 Poland
Short information about utopian architectural ideas of the communist authorities.
- real local guide
- incredible stories about unknown and non-touristic places in Warsaw
- transportation by retro van
- pick up and drop off
- tasting of polish traditional cuisine in local bar
- Entry/Admission - Bar Ząbkowski S.C.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Our retro minivans Nysa 522 have not got air conditioning. They have heating system for wintertime.
- Our vintage vans h Nysa 522 have not got seatbelts (which is legal with classic vintage cars).
- Please wear comfortable clothes because during the tour are short walks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
Excellent Adventure by Retro 1950's soviet minibus. The Driver/guide knew the history of the City as he had grown up in the change from Peoples Poland to the Capalist system. There were about a dozen of us in two of these Retro Classics. We stoped for lunch (included in the price) at a real Polish Cafe where we had a Mezze of Tradional Polish dishes to try. This day was very wet and the Van had enough umberellas for all of us.
This was one of the best tours Ive ever done anywhere. Our guide, Magda, was exceptional. We came away with a superb feel for Warsaw and its history
The guide was entertaining but there were not a lot of sites seen. It was more of a tour where we would stand in the square or building and get a general history lesson as opposed to learning about the significance of the places we were standing and exploring the surroundings.
Highly recommend. The van wasn't ideal comfort-wise, but our guide Artur more than made up for it.
Tour guide was excellent, gave us a lot of information and talked constantly but felt the tour lacked content. If they carry on pulling down the old buildings with bullet holes there will be even less to see.
This was one our most favorite parts of our trip to Poland! Our teenage boys saw it as the highlight. The tour was entertaining and informative and gave an excellent overview of 20th century history of Warsaw.