Door County Wetlands Kayak Tour
We either meet here at our shop Cave Point Paddle & Pedal or at the launch location of the eco-tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Location: Door County Kayak Tours, 6325 Wi-57, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Logan Creek is one of the potential Eco-tour locations for this tour. Weather dependent that backs up to the Whitefish Bay Dunes State Park. We haven't been accessing this one as much do to the shortness of experience.
Pass By: Whitefish Dunes State Park, 3275 Clark Lake Rd, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235-7904
1 of the potential Nature preserves we visit depending on wind direction.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Location: Kangaroo Lake Nature Preserve, 7912 N Maple Rd, Baileys Harbor, WI 54202-9232
Located near Cana Island Lighthouse is the Mud lake nature preserve accessible by the Reiboldts creek from Moonlight Bay. Makes for a great after tour stop.
Pass By: Cana Island Lighthouse, Cana Island, Baileys Harbor, WI
- Professional guide,
- Life jacket
- 2 person kayak
- Paddle lesson and safety instructions
- Entry/Admission - Kangaroo Lake Nature Preserve
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommend you wear swimsuit, windbreaker jacket, or lightly layered synthetic clothing
- Bring sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, waterproof camera, bottle water, bug repellent, towel, and extra change of clothes
- Bottled water, t-shirts, paddling gloves, and waterproof phone case all available for purchase
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
I took the beginner marsh kayak trip with my wife. We are both seniors with no prvious experience and found the kayaking very arduos with all the turns that had to be navigated.Our guide a very kind and gracious young man with a wealth of knowledge about the fauna of the marsh offered to tow us from his kayak. We gladly took his offer. He turned what could have been a short and exhausting bad experience into a memorable event for us. A very pleasant relaxing place to experience nature. Very quiet and serene.