Washington DC Segway Tour
Your tour guide also takes you past the White House, United States Capitol, Washington Monument, Smithsonian Castle, Lincoln Memorial, Pennsylvania Avenue, National Galleries of Art, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial, Korean Memorial, Old Executive Office Building and The National Mall. Throughout the tour, the guide provides both the history and stories surrounding the sites and makes sure plenty of photo opportunities are available.
All tours are limited in size with 1 guide so you can count on a great, intimate experience. Discover what it's like to be a celebrity as everyone turns to watch you glide by!
All riders must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
- Transportation by segway
- Orientation session (30 minutes)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Tours run rain or shine
- Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds or over 250 pounds
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride
- City Segway Tours requires everyone to complete a liability waiver (those under 18 must have an adult sign for them)
- Changes in tour route may be necessary due to construction and security related issues
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or authorized guardian
- Each party must also complete a damage waiver that includes leaving a credit card on file for the duration of the tour. Please have one person in your party bring a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover to complete this waiver.
- Wear comfortable shoes. While you're not walking, you are on your feet for three hours! Don't bring too many belongings with you. The Segways are equipped with very small bags for cameras and small purses. You may wish to wear sunscreen on sunny days, and bring rain gear and/or warm clothing for days that are looking like it might rain or will be cool.
Even if you're a bit nervous to ride the Segway you should do this. It was sooo much fun! A word of caution though: it does tire your feet out so don't book this thinking it will be a break from the walking. Do this first!
We recently visited Washington DC with our 18 year old granddaughter. I booked the Segway Tour for our first morning. It was the perfect way to get an overview of DC as well as learn the history of the sites we visited. Fun and educational, our guides were great. My husband and I are both 75+ and had no problem learning how to ride the Segway. Loved it and so did our granddaughter.
A great way to see many of the memorials and learn their history.
This was a brilliant experience! Our only recommendation is that in summer, put sunscreen on the top of your hands!
What a great way to see an amazing historical city. The segway was very easy to ride and very fun. We saw all the major monuments and got an informative lesson about the symbolism in each these. Highly recommend this ride.
If you are up to riding a Segway, then this is the tour for you! Mike took our small group on a 2 hour tour of most all the important sights in DC. He was so knowledgeable about dates, events and lots of inside scoops on the city. He stopped many times to tell us about the sights. This isn't a tour for the weak or frail, I was exhausted when it was done. If you are up to the challenge, then it is totally the trip for you.
It's a lot of fun, and yguiou get to see a lot more or the city. Our guide was a great person to have, he know a lot about the city
So much fun!!!!
This tour was great. It was so much fun riding on the segway. I was nervous at first but it's easy to learn. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this tour.