Wellington Cable Car
The Wellington Cable Car has been running for over 100 years and has long been a cherished part of Wellington history for locals. Join visitors and locals alike aboard a short journey from the heart of Wellington CBD, through the Kelburn area and past the cosy terraced houses up towards the Kelburn Lookout. After taking in the stunning views of the city skyline and harbor at Te Whanganui-a-Tara, you can easily make your way to several other attractions, from the beautifully landscaped Botanic Gardens to the Space Place or Zealandia. Choose to take the Cable Car back down or take a scenic 40 minute stroll back down if you want to stretch your legs.
- Take a scenic one way or roundtrip ride on the historic Wellington Cable Car, the only operating funicular railway in New Zealand
- See the Botanic Gardens, and terraced houses of Kelburn and Wellington cities as you ascend up
- Get ready for stunning views from the Kelburn Lookout
- Connect to easy transportation to Wellington attractions such as the Botanic Gardens, Cable Car Museum, Space Place (at Carter Observatory) and Zealandia (via free shuttle)
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email