3 Days Tour Fall Color in Yukon from Whitehorse
Day 1: (Sunday or Thursday) Arrival day
You will be picked up at the airport and bring you to the lodge located in the Yukon Wilderness.
Check in the room,(shared bathrooms) introduction to the off the grid lifestyle and the dogs. Handing out cold weather clothing.
Cozy set up on deck for guest to stay out and wait for the northern lights.
Hot drinks and snacks provided. Also two living rooms in the house with cozy sofas and lots of interesting books to look at so guests do not have to wait in the cold.
Day 2 AM:
Fall training run with the dogs. No snow yet to pull a sled so the dogs will pull a ATV. Up to 12 dogs on one ATV , educational part of how to harness and bootie the dogs, Approx. 1 hour on the ATV, after a walk with dogs to the shore of the Takhini River
Lunch at the Lodge
Trip to the Wildlife preserve and the Hotsprings. One of the guides will take you to see a variety of species that call Yukon their home before you soak in the warm and relaxing water at the Takhini Hot Pools.
Another night to watch for the skies to light up with the northern lights. Use the tripods provided to get the perfect shot.
Day 3 am:
Time to catch up on some sleep. Pm: 3-hour canoe trip on the Takhini River (two hours on the water) amazing fall colors along the river, and the chance to see wildlife. Beavers call the Takhini River their home and you will be able to see their houses and dams along the way
Last night to stay up and enjoy the comfort of the lodge.
Day 4: Departure day
Drop off at the airport or at a hotel in town, depending on guest arrangements.
- 3 nights accommodation
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- Professional guide
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- 1/2 day canoeing
- 1/2 day training with our huskies
- 1/2 day wildlife preserve visit and Hotsprings
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Takhini Hot Springs
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Clothing suited for backcountry activities recommended
- Minimum age is 6 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
This place is amazing cant thank Manuela and Geoff enough they both went out of their way to accommodate the 6 of us nothing was to much trouble. They know every 130 dogs by name and bark. They feed us well 3 meals a day using vegetables from their home grown garden even one of as was gluten free and some of us are fussy eaters and we all loved the meals. They pick us up at the airport and drive us back. As we arrived and went straight to their place we didnt get to see the town of Whitehorse so Manuels went out of her way and drive us in and picked us up later. The working with the dogs was the highlight. The only thing that was a shame is that we didnt get to see the northern lights but that is out of anyones control.Its a wonderful place to unwined we all sat together a night and played board games and talked and laughed.No TV and it was great. Loved this place thankyou both so much Manuela and Geoff