Meares Glacier Cruise Excursion from Valdez
About this activity
Cruise the majestic waters of Prince William Sound from Valdez to Meares Glacier. In route our local captains will travel the shorelines looking for the wildlife that call the Sound home. This tour has the time to travel the locations where we typically spot sea otters, harbor seals, sea lions, Humpback or Orca Whales, porpoise, eagles, puffins, cormorants and more. Meares Glacier, an advancing tidewater glacier, is nestled in the back of a narrow fjord, providing you the opportunity to view the face of this glacier in conditions that allow you to hear the thundering roar as the ice calves (falls) from the glacier face. On board your all-Alaskan captain and crew will share with you stories about the history of the Sound from early explorers, gold and copper mining, oil shipping, commercial fishing and the 1964 Earthquake.Read more Show less
- Lunch: A lunch is served around 12:00 PM
- Snacks: A light soup snack is served around 5:30 PM
- Light refreshments: Complimentary coffee, tea and water served all day.
- Food and drinks: A cash based snack bar with snacks and sodas is on board.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A vegetarian option is available, however travelers with special dietary needs or restrictions are encouraged to bring their own meals/snacks.
Similar activities in Whittier Click to discover other experiences
Columbia Glacier Cruise from Valdez