PRIVATE YANGON CITY TOUR INCLUDING LUNCH WITH ENGLISH LOCAL TOUR GUIDE
Stop at Sule Pagoda, located in the heart of downtown Yangon, occupying the center of the city and an important space in contemporary Burmese politics, ideology, and geography. See the Independence monument situated in Mahabandoola Park, named after General Maha Bandula who fought against the British in the First Anglo-Burmese War.
Get to see the Chaukhtatgyi Buddha Temple with its reclining Buddha. The Buddha image is 66 meters (217 ft) long, the crown is encrusted with colorful precious stones and it is one of the largest in Burma. Take a photo of Karaweik Hall, placed on the eastern shore of Kandawgyi Lake. Proceed to Bogyoke Market, or better known as Scott’s Market (closed on Mondays and public holidays), with its largest selection of handicrafts in Myanmar, the market is a great place to discover a bargain and have fun haggling with the local traders. Enjoy at a local restaurant your Lunch.
Heading to the National Museum of Myanmar (closed on Mondays and public holidays) with its Burmese art, history, and culture. See miniature models of the eight kinds of thrones of ancient Burmese kings and the magnificent Royal Lion Throne of the last Burmese monarch, the Royal Regalia, beautifully ornamented objects used in royal ceremonies of ancient kings from different periods.
Get impressed by the magical Shwedagon Pagoda, with a hight of almost 99 meters (326ft), it is considered one of the wonders of the religious world. According to legend, the Shwedagon Pagoda was constructed more than 2600 years ago, which would make it the oldest Buddhist stupa in the world.This magnificent building is covered with hundreds of gold plates and the top of the Stupa is encrusted with 4531 diamonds.
After this full-day through the former capital of Myanmar, your guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel where you will arrive at your hotel at around 5pm.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Entry/Admission - National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Maha Bandula Park
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Sule Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Chaukhtatgyi Buddha
- Entry/Admission - Kandawgyi Park
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. It is a requirement to take off shoes during visits to these religious sites in Yangon, so easy slip-on, slip-off shoes are handy.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel. Passport name, number, expiry, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour exceeded our expectations. Our tour guide was simply wonderful. She spoke English quite well and she was very knowledgeable. She was very patient with us and very flexible, as required to suit our needs and preferences. She went beyond our itinerary to make sure we saw everything we were interested in seeing. She also had a great sense of humor.
Excellent Private Full Day Yangon City Tour.Very good tour and very nice tour guide. We were lucky that I and my wife on Private Full-Day Yangon City Tour, so we had a nice car, a driver and a tour guide for me and my wife only. Both were very kind and we enjoyed our private day tour in Yangon. They were flexible to swap some point of interest to another one that i preferred. I recommend it for the people that want to see many things within a day.