Kayak Day Paddle on Yellowstone Lake
Kayak in Yellowstone! Our experienced and trained guides provide expert kayak instruction and information on the local history and geology, as they lead you around the shoreline to the West Thumb Geyser Basin and explore the many geothermal features on land and under water. We’ll paddle by the more remote features, most of which are not accessible from land, where there are no signs, no boardwalks and most importantly no other people. We always stay in small groups to make sure you get the most information and best access to this incredible area, and to ensure safety throughout the trip. We have both single and double kayaks available. No prior kayaking experience is required. Space is limited on each trip so sign up as soon as possible.
• Yellowstone Lake, Grand Loop Road Between Fishing Bridge and Grant Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190
• Yellowstone Geyser Kayak Tours, Grant Village Marina Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone National Park, WY 83002
- Professional guides will provide an introduction to Yellowstone's history and geology of the Lake, along with the kayaking equipment and techniques.
- All necessary equipment and instruction.
- Guide Gratuities are not included but greatly appreciated.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children 12 and under must paddle in a tandem kayak with an adult. If booking with children, you must choose the tandem kayak option. This is the rate per kayak, for 2 people.
- If you wish to have single kayaks (not available for children under 13), the rate is per person.
- Please advise any dietary requirements in the Special Requirements field at checkout. Vegetarian and gluten free lunches are available if you let us know.
- Please come dressed for cold weather, as it is usually colder in Yellowstone than you are expecting. Keep in mind that while kayaking, you will get wet. The weather in Yellowstone can vary greatly, and change quickly. Typically the days are sunny with temps in the upper 60's to low 80's, however it does get cold at night and early morning. Afternoon showers and passing thunderstorms are always possible in the mountains. We plan to go in rain or sunshine. We will provide all the necessary kayaking equipment. You should arrive dressed according to the weather, keeping in mind that while you wont ever be submerged in the water, you will get wet. Therefore dressing in layers is always best, with shorts or wind pants made of synthetic quick drying material, and shoes that you dont mind getting wet. Having a rain or wind jacket, extra layers, and/or a change of warm dry clothes for after the trip ends, is also a good idea. Guide gratuities are always appreciated, but never expected. If you have any questions any time, please dont hesitate to ask.
Brian and Alex did a great job and a great different war it experience part of Yellowstone
Awesome tour! Relaxing yet engaging. Professional, personable, and knowledgeable guides.
We had so much fun on this trip. Peter and Jason were terrific in leading the group and sharing information about the area. Would definitely recommend this to anyone coming to Yellowstone!
Our guide, Alex, was very knowledgeable about geysers, geology, the lake, fish, history, etc. etc. as well as kayaking. He was friendly, had a sound sense of humor and answered all questions. This, plus the actual experience of kayaking on Yellowstone Lake, made for a most enjoyable day. We've never kayaked before but Alex made us feel at ease and kept a constant lookout to be sure we were OK. Highly recommended!
We enjoyed the tour and our guides were great. It was fun getting to see a geyser erupt that no one on land could see and then feel how hot the water became. That being said, it was hard getting back because it was against the wind. My kids weren't too happy about that, but I had a great time!
Alex and Jason were great, low key and knowledgeable guides. Trip started a bit late due to miscommunication in the reservation confirmation I received, but that was the only glitch. Once we got on the water we had an amazing time. Pretty strenuous, but well worth it to see the geysers up close from the water. We were lucky, had a beautiful day. Highly recommend.