Zagreb: Morning Walking Tasting Tour Including Traditional Breakfast
Start with a visit to bustling Dolac Market, the city’s oldest and most famous market, and its culinary heart. Browse the many stalls teeming with colourful produce, meet the farmers, and sample locally prepared goods including homemade cornbread and fresh cottage cheese. Save some stomach space, though, because next it’s time for a traditional Zagreb breakfast at one of the most famous taverns in Upper Town.
As you move through the city, you’ll get to enjoy a wide variety of local Croatian food and drink, including truffles from Istria, awards-laden olive oils, Štrukli (dough layered with soft cheese), as well as rakija (a potent herbal brandy purported to improve blood circulation and immunity). Amidst all that eating and drinking you’ll also have a chance to explore the small, winding streets of Upper Town, and stop by the city’s historical (and some say mystical) Stone Gate.
You’ll finish up your day with a visit to a cheese bar where you’ll enjoy some award-winning Croatian cheeses, flavoured with herbs and truffles. You’ll want to leave at least a bit of space at the end though, for a surprise treat that will please your sweet tooth. By the end of the tour you may be full, but you’ll also be relishing the unique tastes of Croatian cuisine.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Traditional Zagreb breakfast
- trukli (a local specialty)
- Corn bread and cheese tastings at the market
- Rakija (local brandy)
- Platter of award-winning Croatian cheese
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tip/gratuities for your guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
This was a great tour to see how the influence of the ruling nations on the traditional foods.
Max from Urban Adventures led us on this one. Max was so interesting and informative and extended the tour well beyond what he had too. You learn about foods, eating and eating locations, cultural sites and famous people and more.