Wine and Dine Zagreb Including Wine Tastings
Delve into the origins of Zinfandel, a wine most often associated with California. But on this tour, you’ll learn about a different side of the popular grape variety, which is said to have originated in Croatia. You’ll also get a look at local winemaking traditions, and learn some of the secrets of wine production in the country.
Along the way, we’ll sample a variety of local wine from some of the best wine bars in Zagreb, including the oldest wine bar in the city. The wines you taste will take you on a journey through many of the different wine-producing regions of Croatia. In addition to sipping, you’ll have a chance to pair your wine with various local snacks and tapas, as well as cheeses made from goat, sheep, and cow’s milk, some of which are flavoured with herbs and truffles.
We’ll make a stop along lively Tkalciceva Street, known for its hundreds of café bars. Then, prepare to be awed by something unexpected and truly special for wine-lovers: a vineyard smack in the middle of the city – not something you see every day.
Next, it’s time to head underground to explore Zagreb’s tunnels, some of which date back to medieval times. Cap off your day of wining and dining with a stop at one last wine bar for a few more snacks and noteworthy samples of local wine.
- Local English-speaking guide, 7 tastings of wine at 2 different wine bars, cheese tastings, Croatian-style snacks and tapas (enough to be considered a light dinner)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
I loved this tour, it was a highlight of my stay in Zagreb. My guide Ivan was excellent company for the evening and there was so much wine and food to taste I couldn't finish it all. Ivan even made sure I could find the way back to my accommodation at the conclusion of the tour. Thanks very much Ivan!