4-Day Glacier and Bernina Express Tour from Zurich
Individual travel to Zermatt. Zermatt lies at the foot of the Matterhorn and is a car-free resort. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 2: Glacier Express
The Glacier Express goes over the Oberalp pass (2033 m) and along the deep valley of the Rhône. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day 3: Bernina Express
The Bernina Express is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After travelling over spiral viaducts you reach Tirano. Change to the Bernina Express Bus, which will take you onwards to Lugano. Overnight in Lugano.
Day 4: Departure
Lugano offers all the advantages of a world- class city, combined with the cachet of a small town. Individual return journey.
- 1 x Night stay with breakfast and city tax in St. Moritz
- 1 x Night stay with breakfast and city tax in Lugano
- 1 x Night stay with breakfast and city tax in Zermatt
- 1 x Seat reservation Bernina/Glacier Express
- 1 x Swiss Coupon Pass
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- A guide is not included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Upgrade 1st class rail CHF 149 - to be booked directly with the supplier
- Lunch on Glacier Express CHF 54 - to be booked directly with the supplier
- Excursion to Gornergrat (non-guided) CHF 67 - to be booked directly with the supplier
- Due to availability of the hotels the tour might be booked in reverse
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note you will be notified about your hotels at the time of Booking
- Multiple train times are available, you will be advised about your schedule at the time of Booking
- Start this tour from any other destination (e.g. Geneva, Interlaken, Lausanne, Lugano or else) without any surcharge
- The tour is non-guided. All clients will travel individual on their own.
- Your documents are ready for pick-up at the airport or alternatively we can send it to your hotel (please let us know at the time of Booking)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
My wife and I had a wonderful time on this excursion. We booked several months in advance and were assigned optimal seating on trains and bus. The assigned hotels were nice and centrally located. The scenery was breathtaking as we were fortunate to have great weather. I highly recommend the Gornergrat bahn ride in Zermatt; it is expensive but worth it.
The train rides were fantastic. The Gornergat Excursion was well worth it. The Glacier Express and the Bernina Express trains were very scenic. Note that the Bernina Express requires a SmartPhone with Internet Access )there's onboard WiFi) to listen to all the audio. The bus ride to Lugano was just so-so but it did have some interesting views.