Charlotte's Historical City Tour
We want to show our guests some of Charlotte's oldest neighborhoods, as well as various up and coming neighborhoods. You will see the beautiful homes of Historic 4th Ward that sits in the heart of Uptown. We will drive through First Ward, a neighborhood that originally provided housing to laborers in the industrial era, and is now home to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte Center City Campus and First Ward Park. We will then cruise to South End, which is home to the arts district as well as many of Charlotte's breweries. NoDA and Plaza Midwood are known as Charlotte's most diverse and eclectic neighborhoods, which are filled with art galleries, funky stores, and restaurants.
There is so much to see in Charlotte and we are looking forward to sharing our city with you! There are plenty of opportunities to stop and take photos on the tour.
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
- Includes complimentary order of Fried Pickles at Fitzgerald's when tour concludes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Fitzgerald's validates parking in the Wake Forest Parking Garage ONLY if vehicle enters the garage after 5pm on weekdays (for evening tour times) or all day on weekends. Please bring ticket into Fitzgerald's for validation. Additional parking is available at other Charlotte garages, however parking validation is not offered at these locations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
We all had a fantastic time on this tour. Found out a lot of information about Charlotte and saw so much. Made much easier as on a golf cart. Kept warm with a blanket to cover up as it was end of November. Well worth the money!
Excellent Guide. Learned a lot about Uptown Charlotte. As a newbie to the city, it made my getting around much easier for the future.
The tour owner looked for us as we waited for our tour and informed us our guide was on his way and where we would meet him. We found the tour itself fun and our guide was well-informed and able to answer our questions. If we stumped him, he let us know that was a good question and he would have to learn that additional piece of information. It was a bit chilly and windy for an October morning, so he always parked in the sun, when he was stopping to tell us about an area. I only wished we could have done the tour when we arrived in Charlotte rather than on the day of our departure.