Kaiteriteri Hiking and Kayaking Tours
Hop aboard a boat and cruise to Medlands Beach, the most popular beach on Great Barrier Island. From there, explore the island’s luscious forests and take a hike to Bark Bay where you can relax under the sun (or shade), and take a refreshing dip in the ocean. If you’re feeling extra energetic, you can opt to take a longer hike to the Swing Bridge over Falls River. After you’re done exploring the island, walk back to Medlands Beach and your boat will take you back to Kaiteriteri. At Kaiteriteri, you will be greeted by trained kayaking guides who will give you a quick introductory and safety lesson. When you’re ready, paddle out to sea and enjoy the beautiful island from a different perspective. If you’re lucky, resident Blue Penguins may even be lounging on the seacoast so keep your eyes peeled! Pro tip: if you depart from Kaiteriteri at a later time, there might not be enough time to explore the entire beach.
- Cruise out to the picturesque golden coast of Medlands Beach, the most popular beach on Great Barrier Island
- Stroll along the luscious forests of Medlands Beach to Bark Bay
- Enjoy a dip in the sparkling blue waters of Bark Bay, or relax under the sun
- Brave the open seas and kayak around Kaiteriteri, where your guide will take you to the best hidden spots on the island
- Watch out for possible Blue Penguin sightings along the seacoast!
How To Get There:
- Located between the Shoreline Cafe and Kaiteriteri Camp Shop, across the road from the main beach
- 1.5 hours drive from Nelson or 3.5 hours drive from Picton
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email