San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour from Palm Desert
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Andreas Fault, Palm Desert, Greater Palm Springs, CA
- Experience the twisted and tortured landscape of an active earthquake fault system as your guide describes the geology of the area and you explore the skeleton of the earth.
- Walk between the steep walls of deep canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time.
- Explore a natural palm oasis where crystal clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer.
- Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Cahuilla Indians and how they used the desert’s plants for food, medicine, tools, weapons, shelter, and more.
- Learn about the plants and animals of the California desert.
- Discover the fascinating history of the Coachella Valley.
- Enjoy spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.
Duration: 2 hours
- Naturalist guided open-air Jeep eco-tour
- Granola snacks
- Bottled water
- Land Use Fees
- Entry/Admission - San Andreas Fault
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers would be advised
- Please call the reservation's desk a day or two before your tour to confirm your pickup time and location. Failure to call, however, will NOT result in cancellation of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests with neck or back problems or pregnant women in their 2nd or 3rd trimester should consult with their doctor before taking a Jeep Tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Still giving this tour a 5 star rating although the first tour guide we met was rude. We were told we were with the second jeep that was on its way and we were relieved. Our actual tour guide was named Jay and he was one cool dude! He made the tour so much fun! He knew all of his material and then some. We were lucky to get a tour guide like him. We learned so many new things about the fault and the hiking was the right amount. Thank you for a great time! ( Tour 8/24 at 830)
This was a terrific tour. We were a bit concerned that maybe it would be dull but quite the opposite! The jeep was a fun ride, and the tour guide well informed and affable. We saw so many things, and learned a ton. Would definitely recommend.
Great tour! Great guide!
Friendly guide. We'll organised. Good information. Interesting