San Andreas Fault Sunset & Stargazing Jeep Tour from Palm Desert
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Andreas Fault, Palm Desert, Greater Palm Springs, CA
- Experience the twisted and tortured landscape of an active earthquake fault system as your guide describes the geology of the area and you explore the skeleton of the earth.
- Walk between the steep walls of deep canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time.
- Explore a natural palm oasis where crystal clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer.
- Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Cahuilla Indians and how they used the desert’s plants for food, medicine, tools, weapons, shelter, and more.
- Learn about the plants and animals of the California desert.
- Discover the fascinating history of the Coachella Valley.
- Enjoy spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.
- Witness the amazing colors of a desert sunset.
- The tour ends with stargazing under the clear desert skies.
Duration: 2 hours
- Naturalist guided open-air Jeep eco-tour
- Granola snacks
- Bottled water
- Land Use Fees
- Entry/Admission - San Andreas Fault
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers would be advised
- Please call the reservation's desk a day or two before your tour to confirm your pickup time and location. Failure to call, however, will NOT result in cancellation of the tour.
- The departure time of this tour varies with sunset. Tours depart approximately 1.5 hours before sunset.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests with neck or back program or pregnant women in their 2nd or 3rd trimester should consult with their doctor before taking a Jeep tour.
enjoyable. Guide, Tom, very informative and entertaining
Highly recommend this tour! Our guide, Fox Robe was very informative and entertaining about a wide array of topics regarding this area of California. It was definitely more than expected! Shining moment: spotting a coyote and later hearing some!