Punta Arenas City tour
Leaving the Punta Arenas Pier, you’ll ride along the coast, which overlooks the Magellan Strait, making your way to the “La Cruz” View Point and Promenade. Here, you will get a brief talk about the city, and how the Yugoslavian, German and British immigrants, amongst others, made this place flourish. After this you’ll visit the Main Square of Punta Arenas, Muñoz Gamero, locally known as “La Plaza de la Pata del Indio” or the “Indian’s Foot” Square. In this Square you have various little Artisan shops, the Cathedral, the Archaeological Museum, and a part of the Financial district. The tour then continues towards the Sara Braun Museum, and then proceed towards the Maggiorino Borgatello Salesian Museum, driving through the main avenues of the city. You will also visit the Patagonia Institute, boasting a collection of old local cars and machinery. After this, you’ll see one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the world, where the tombs of the pioneers have been exceptionally preserved among well-kept gardens and cypress stands.
- English speaking tour guide
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wear warm clothes
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Would not recommend. Expensive for what it is. Most things you can do your self for free. The city viewpoint was just behind our hotel so wed done that. The sights around the main square we had also walked to ourselves and entrance to the museum their was free too. The guide whilst enthusiastic had a limited command of English which was disappointing. Done at the port, similar 4 hour tours are offered for 50 per person by reputable local suppliers and you really dont need 4 hours to do Punta Arenas.