Te Puia Geysers, Kiwi bird, Redwood Forest & Highlights Drive: Rotorua Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Immerse yourself in the incredible natural landscape of Rotorua with all its geothermal activity and beautiful nature.
Join us on this small group, for a more personal and friendly tour, with pick up from your Rotorua accomodation.
Walk through a valley, where steam rises from the ground, where pools of water boils, hot bubbling mud jumps and plop's and geysers erupt high into the air, may even rain down on you and learn how the Maori people have tamed and utilised this unforgiving landscape in their everyday life's.
You will be guided around this amazing geothermal landscape where history, culture and nature collide. Your Maori guide will share stories passed down through generations. You'll also gain an insight into features of Maori carvings, which have deep cultural significance. You'll also be able to observe the legendary Pohutu Geyser. This is the largest geyser in the Southern Hemisphere, which can erupt to a height of 100 feet or 30 metres and as often as 20 times per day. Get up close to hot bubbling mud-pools, steam vents and hot pools.
Catch a rare opportunity and learn more about the Kiwi bird, the national icon of New Zealand. Then take your seats for a show not to be missed where the Maori's share with you songs and dance including the spine chilling Haka war dance.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Redwoods, Whakarewarewa Forest, Long Mile Road The Redwoods, Rotorua 3046 New Zealand
We take a walk in the Redwood Forest under these magnificent towering trees standing at approximately 219 feet (67 metres) tall to create a wonderful shelter. The upper canopy of exotic tree species provides shelter and shade to a kaleidoscope of ferns, shrubs, flowers and fungi, including the silver fern one of New Zealand’s national emblems.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lake Rotorua, Rotorua New Zealand
The stunning Rotorua lake front with it elegant black swans and resident geese, a great photo stop!
The government gardens display a burst of colour with the beautiful flower beds along with the fragrant rose garden. The gardens also provide facilities for bowls, croquet, petanque and golf. The grand museum building which was opened in 1908 the first major investment in the New Zealand tourism industry by the government.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kuirau Park, 1371, Pukuatua St and, Ranolf St, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
One final stop at Kairau park, we take a walk to discover the steaming, hissing and bubbling geothermal activity, a public park like no other.
NO TRIP TO NEW ZEALAND WOULD BE COMPLETE WITHOUT AN EYE OPENING EXPERIENCE INTO THE INSIGHT OF THE MAORI PEOPLE!
Duration: 30 minutes
- Pickup and drop off in Rotorua
- Official Professional driver/guide
- Transport by air-conditioned Luxury minivan
- All entrance fees and cultural show
- Entry/Admission - Te Puia
- Lunch is not Included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- This tour is available as a private charter (your individual group booking)
- Please note this is a shared small group day tour experience!
- Your driver guide will be with you to guide you throughout the day.
- This is not a coach hop on hop off service!
- Please be in the hotel lobby at the time allocated for pick-up
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund!
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Thanks for all the arrangements! The guide Andrew is very nice and willing to share his knowledge and experience in NZ! The van is in very good condition and we had a comfortable time during the travels. Time arrangement is good and accurate so that we complete all the attractions in time with no hurry. I will recommend this company to my friends and I hope to see you, Andrew, again if I visit Rotorua in the years later!