Sitka Shore Excursion: Sea Kayaking Adventure
Upon arrival, you’ll be instructed on how to use the two-person kayaks. These safe, stable and easy-to-maneuver crafts let you enjoy the beauty of the protected bays near Sitka. Follow your experienced guide while learning effective paddling techniques, and learn all about the surrounding marine life. Spend approximately 1.5 hours kayaking while taking in the magnificent scenery. Keep an eye out for colorful fish and other sea life, eagles, harbor seals, black-tailed deer or even brown bears! No prior kayaking experience is required and all ages are encouraged to participate on this tour.
After kayaking, enjoy a hearty snack including clam chowder, crackers and hot apple cider.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Sitka port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- 3-hour kayaking shore excursion from Sitka
- All necessary equipment, rain gear, life jacket
- Professional guide
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No prior experience necessary, just good health and an adventurous spirit!
- Children must weigh at least 40 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into required life jacket
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
Easy to find tour, and had a very enjoyable ride to the kayaks. Spotted a sea lion and they doubled back to show us closer. Very personal people on the boat. Got to the place and Tony was very informative and gave us instructions. Didn't see much wild-life and that was disappointing. Tony found sea creatures but going to everyone's kayak to show us, took took much time. The snack was small but good.
Our excursion started by meeting at the port. We were given heavy jacket to protect from the wind and necessary life vests. There were 28 of us on the yellow zodiac inflatable fast boat which took us to the bay for our instructions. We were split into two groups and given a more comfortable life vest which we could paddle in. Our guide talked about his experiences that brought him to Alaska. Would have liked a little more history of the area we were kayaking in. There was a clearing at the end of the bay where a Momma brown bear and cub were visible. All in all we had great time.