Newfoundland Puffin and Whale Watch Cruise
Explore the incredible Witless Bay Ecological Reserve, home to over 2.5 million seabirds and one of the largest populations of whales in the North Atlantic (sightings vary by season).
The Reserve is located at the end of Iceberg Alley. Icebergs pass along the coast each spring and summer, while on their journey from Greenland. You'll travel aboard a stable catamaran with a comfortable viewing platform for your wildlife experience.
The tour includes stops along the sheltered areas of the islands that comprise the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve. The areas visited offer great opportunities to view and photograph the nesting sites and activities of several seabird species.
Whale watching is big part of the adventure with the peak season for encounters typically mid-June through mid-August annually. We make all reasonable efforts to provide you with an opportunity to encounter whales in their natural environment, the level of activity and interaction is entirely at the discretion of the whales.
Each cruise is narrated by an experienced, professional crewmember providing commentary, with a mix of information about the natural and cultural heritage of the area.
• Gatherall's Puffin and Whale Watch, 90 Northside Rd Box 281, Bay Bulls, Newfoundland and Labrador A0A 1C0 Canada
• Bay Bulls (Bull Head), Bay Bulls, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
• Witless Bay ecological reserve, Harbour Rd, Witless Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
- All tours hosted by an experienced, local guide
- All safety equipment is provided as per requirements set forth by Transport Canada Marine Safety
- Passengers are provided a pre-departure safety briefing
- Free parking available on site
- Vessel is washroom equipped
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants are advised to regard all instruction provided by the vessel crew
- Direction/guidance is provided to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all passengers
- Depending on vessel movement/sea conditions, passengers may be advised by the crew to refrain from standing or to remain seated during certain portions of the cruise
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Whales and or icebergs cannot be guaranteed on any given cruise.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
We used this tour outfit off of a cruise ship and it went like clockwork as far as pick-up and drop-off which is always nice. Very fun, knowlegeable commentators aboard the nicely appointed boat. We saw 5 humpback, 3 fin whales up close and personal along with 3 dolphin. The trip to Bird Island and 2.5 million puffin, common murre and assorted gulls along with several raptors was wonderful. Take this trip for an experience dtos remember!
Easy to work with the tour company. The trip was amazing. Don't expect to see whales and don't complain to the tour guides if you don't see one - not within their control. We enjoyed your singing tour guides. We had a fun time and highly recommended.
The staff were great! The tour was fantastic!