Private Horseback Riding Tour in Sicilian Countryside + Lunch at Etna Farmhouse
After 40 minutes ride you will arrive at a family run old milestone of 1800 year farmhouse producing wines, dairy, meat, fruits and vegetables. Here you will take a guided tour of the farmhouse, admire picturesque vineyards, oranges, lemons and olive plantations, and see many animals - sheep, cows, goats, deer, peacocks, wild boar, chickens, geese. Then you will arrive at the stables and listen to a safety briefing before selecting your horse. Practice in the riding arena until you feel comfortable with your horse and learn basic commands that ensure control and confidence. Then start your 1-hour horseback riding tour through the gorgeous greenery of one of the most majestic parks of Sicily – Alcantara Natural Park, with your experienced professional guide. Depending on your ability, trot, canter or gallop through the captivating countryside as your guide explains about local flora and fauna.
After the horseback riding tour, feed your horse, and revitalize with a delicious and hearty traditional lunch at the farmhouse. Taste all locally produced fresh food – cheeses, salami, prosciutto, traditional Sicilian relish caponata and parmigiana, olives, mushrooms, vegetables, domestic olive oil and home-made bread with Etna red and white wines. Revitalized, return to your car and relax during the smooth journey back to your accommodation or port.
- Private tour only for your party - nobody else, to ensure the highest standards for our guests
- Private English speaking guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in Taormina area
- Round-trip private transfer
- Professional horseback riding guide
- Alcantara National Park 1-hour horseback riding tour
- Guided tour of an ancient farmhouse in Sicilian countryside
- Traditional Sicilian lunch (locally produced cheeses, salami, prosciutto, traditional Sicilian relish caponata and parmigiana, olives, mushrooms, vegetables, domestic olive oil and home-made bread)
- Red and White Etna wines
- Bottled water, snacks
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Porta Messina
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This is a trip well worth taking. Our guide, Roberto, has a wealth of information showing us sights on the way to the farm. He was very accommodating and interesting to listen to. The ride on the horses was enjoyable as we rode along vineyards and olive trees to see the beautiful landscape.We were treated to a delicious luncheon of vegetables, meats, cheeses, fruit and wine all of which was plentiful. This was a highlight of our trip. I highly recommend taking this tour. You won't be sorry you did!
We have taken many Viator tours, and this one is perhaps our most highly recommended. This memorable outing was a highlight of our Sicily visit. Our personable guide promptly picked us up at our hotel and drove us through small villages off the beaten track to the farmhouse. Along the way, we chatted about local culture, his experience living in the small villages of Sicily, and the like. One issue: on the drive, we had to wait for several minutes to allow a sheepherder to move his flock across the road. The horseback ride was a relaxing stroll through vineyards and small farms. The horseback guide exchanged familiar greetings with every farmer we passed along the way. The traditional Sicilian lunch was excellent, apparently all items coming from the farm. I could go on...just amazing!