Egyptian Museum Guided Tour with Skip-the-line Entry
Champollion arrived in Turin as the Drovetti Collection was being unpacked, and within a few months of excited activity produced a catalogue raisonné of the collections. It was Champollion who famously wrote, “The road to Memphis and Thebes passes through Turin”.
You will wander among the objects of everyday life, the colossal statues, mummies and amulets, to find religious beliefs, lifestyle and traditions of the Nile and the land of the Pharaohs.
Not to be missed: the Papyrus's Kings, the Pre-Dynastic Mummy, the Gebelein Canvas, the Papyrus of the Strike, the Tomb of Kha and Merit, the Nefertari Kit, the statuary and the Temple of Ellesija.
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for groups of 5 or more)
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Museo Egizio
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- For safety reasons, it is forbidden to bring into the Museum bags and luggage in excess of the size 40 x 30 x 15 cm. In the course of visiting the backpacks are not allowed. Visitors are asked to leave luggage not allowed in the cloakroom. The luggage room is kept at a cost of 1 Euro.
- Photography allowed, but strictly without flash
- According to the group, the tour can take place in a single language or in two languages
- Small groups, maximum 13 people
Well organized, guide was on time and very knowledgeable. For us, two hours was the perfect amount of time then we were free to explore on our own. The museum is amazing. The fact that they limit the number of people who can enter every hour keeps the crowds down which makes the experience so much more enjoyable.
Amazing Museum...our guide was very nice, friendly and above-all showed us all the important exhibits in the museum and gave us some history background as well....Enjoyed very much.