Small-Group Kangaroo Island 4WD Tour from Adelaide
Your wildlife guide will meet you at the port at Penneshaw, and provide an overview of Kangaroo Island’s history and environment. Your drive by 4WD across the island takes you through several habitats, including eucalyptus forests home to echidnas, wallabies and a huge variety of birdlife. You’ll discover that many species have survived on Kangaroo Island, while they’ve become extinct on the mainland, and many species are unique to the island.
You’ll also visit the Seal Bay Conservation Park to see the park’s colony of Australian sea lions basking on the beach and sand dunes. As you admire the sea lions’ playful antics, your small-group guide will provide essential information on the lives of these spectacular marine animals.
After a gourmet picnic lunch with wine at a heritage-listed bush property, take a guided bushwalk or stroll on the beach. Then go for a 4WD drive through the island’s interior, keeping watch for koalas and cockatoos. Take a bushwalk on Kangaroo Island’s north coast, where you might see the area’s endemic Tamar wallaby. As the day draws to an end, you’ll see kangaroos leave their daytime bush retreats to graze the open pastures at dusk.
Your small-group 4WD tour of Kangaroo Island ends with a drive to Kingscote Airport for your 30-minute flight back to Adelaide if you’ve chosen the flight option, or to Penneshaw to catch the ferry back to Cape Jervis and coach transfer to Adelaide.
- Your selected cruise and/or flight option
- Transport by 4WD
- Local guide
- Gourmet picnic lunch including local Kangaroo Island produce served with South Australian wine
- National Park fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 8 people per tour
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
it was a wonderful tour with an experienced nice guide. I regret I did not stay overnight like other people enjoying next day the other part of the island.I suggest to go in the morning by ferry and come back by plane saving a lot of time.
Tour was awesome. Guide was funny. Would recommend.