2-Day Great Barrier Reef Reefsleep Experience
Day 1: Travel from Port of Airlie, via Hamilton Island, to Hardy Reef
Stop At: Cruise Whitsundays, 24 The Cove Rd Port of Airlie, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802 Australia
Depart from Port of Airlie to travel out to the Great Barrier Reef.
Duration: 30 minutes
Accommodation included: Deluxe Swag under the stars
Day 2: Spend the day on Hardy Reef before cruising back to Hamilton Island and Airlie Beach
Stop At: Hamilton Island Marina, Front St, 4803 Australia
Quick stop to drop off passengers
Duration: 10 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation in a swag
- Round-trip cruise
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Semi-submersible coral viewing with reef appreciation talk
- Underwater viewing chamber
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Optional activities including scuba diving, helicopter flights, massage (available to purchase on board)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you bring only one small bag per person with the things you will need for your overnight stay including, swimwear, towel, sunscreen, light jacket or sweater, money and/or credit card for on board purchases and camera
- You will be required to complete a medical and dietary requirement form that will be sent to you on confirmation of the booking
- Operates in all weather conditions. Swags can be zipped, are water-proof and can tolerate wet weather
- A history of certain medical conditions may preclude a guest from SCUBA diving unless a current Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the instructor.
- All intending divers over the age of 55 years of age must produce a current Diving Medical Certificate. All divers are subject to a medical questionnaire on board the vessel before diving and their fitness to dive will be assessed by a diving instructor
- Minimum age is 12 years
Our experience was amazing. We were a small group that stayed out overnight and the opportunities to snorkel on the reef were fantastic. We met some great people and developed new friendships. The staff were great and very accommodating. I really cannot say enough good things about the staff who stayed out of the reef with us. I highly recommend this tour.
Whitsunday Cruises were magnificent. They took care of everyone of different abilities to give them a great experience in snorkelling on the reef, with a really generous staff ratio, all very friendly and attentive, and all the equipment you could need. They made sure there was something of interest all the time including trips on the semi-submersible through the day to see less accessible areas of the reef at close hand. The sleepover on the reef was likewise superb, including the sunset, moonrise and sunrise, and the extra time in the water to snorkel or dive. The staff were magnificent, the food excellent and plentiful, the facilities comfortable and of high quality including hot showers!.
A totally unique experience. In addition to doing everything the daytrippers could do snorkeling, scuba diving, semi-submersible tour, helicopter flight, we got to have the pontoon to ourselves after they left in the afternoon. Then we had more opportunity to snorkel and enjoy the Great Barrier Reef, including a feast in the underwater observatory since it was too windy for us to dine outside. It worked out great--we enjoyed watching the fish as we ate, and the fish enjoyed watching us. Then we got to sleep in our swags, which were nice and cozy. Our host Georgie was awesome. She really took care of us and made sure we were enjoying ourselves and never hungry since she was constantly feeding us. : Our Reefsleep group really bonded too. Overall, this was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had traveling. I can't speak highly enough about it!
An amazing experience, well organised, a must do if you are in the Whitsundays!
It was a great night on the roof. The personnel was very helpful. Also the dinner was quite enjoyable. Especially the time when the day tourists had left was great, having time to enjoy snorkelling in quiet and having the reef almost to yourself.