Whitsundays Seaplane Tour Including Great Barrier Reef and Whitehaven Beach
Your Pilot provides you with an area briefing before you board the plane. Take off, and fly above the beautiful blue water, take in the magical scenery of the Islands before crossing the coral sea headed straight for the Great Barrier Reef! Orbit on each side of the aircraft for that perfect picture of Heart Reef, then prepare yourself for your water landing at Hardy Lagoon! Upon arriving at the lagoon, board a glass-bottom boat, Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife as your guide tells you about the area. Now it’s time to go snorkeling! You can get geared up, and hit the water to spend about one hour snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.
Then it’s time to embark on your next part of the journey to Whitehaven Beach where you’ll have another hour of free time to swim, sunbathe, or explore after you enjoy the picturesque flight over the swirling sands of Hill Inlet. You can also indulge in some light snacks and refreshments provided for you, including sparkling wine.
Your tour ends with the flight back to the Whitsundays Airport.
- Scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and Whitsundays Islands
- Live commentary on board
- Use of snorkel equipment and flotation devices (if required)
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Light refreshments
- Beach umbrellas
- Stinger Suit and Wet Suit (available upon request)
- Australian sparkling wine and 100% fruit juice, water and assortment of snacks and treats
- Round-trip transfers from Airlie Beach area
- Prescription masks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please bring swimwear, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, camera and light jacket for cooler months between May - August
- We suggest you wear your swimmers as there are no changing facilities on the vessel
- Exact time of departure and arrival may vary due to weather conditions, tides and aircraft variables
- Please note: If you are staying on Hamilton Island, you must take a ferry to/from Hamilton Island to the mainland of Airlie Beach. Departure time of your seaplane tour varies daily due to tidal patterns. Not all ferry services will match up with your departure time. Please check ferry timetable to ensure you will arrive in time for your seaplane tour. No refunds available if you miss your departure time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
What a trip, the only way to see the reef in all it’s splendour is from above!Absolutely great team professional, informative and down to earth, our pilot Jai took care great of us the whole trip.Thanks for one of the greatest experiences of my life!