Belize Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley Snorkel Tour from Ambergris Caye
For three hours, you will go Snorkeling on the Great Belizean Barrier Reef by boat from Ambergris Caye. It's an experience of a lifetime as you get to see the wonderful marine life!
• Hol Chan Marine Reserve, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye Belize
• Shark Ray Alley, Ambergris Caye Belize
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels located within the town area of Ambergris Caye
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from all hotels located north of San Pedro town (you may purchase round-trip transportation upon arrival)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Note: moderate level of difficulty; passengers should be in moderate physical condition to participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
I was so excited about this trip and it seemed like the reviews were great, but we did not have that same experience. They told us they would pick us up at 8:45 from our hotel's dock, they came at about 9:05 with no apologies for being late. I understand tours can run behind pick up other people, but it was so hot sitting in the direct sun for that long and having no idea what the boat looked like and having to ask every boat that came by if they were for us. They seemed put out to even be having to pick us up, but it's included in the price. When we got to Hol Chan we were informed that we were on a boat full of other people who were doing snuba. We were the only 2 snorkelers on this trip, I'm not sure why we'd have been put on the same trip as them. We had to sit there and wait forever while every one went out doing the snuba. It was such a waste of time. When we did get to snorkel they made us go out with a guide and he told us we had to stay with him, which was fine, but he seriously was the slowest swimmer I could ever imagine. I felt like we sat in the water waiting for him to catch up, I got so cold in the water being still waiting for him. The reefs were beautiful and shark ray alley was great, but overall this tour company was pretty awful. Rude, not helpful, and the fact that it was not as advertised being a snuba trip was a real disappointment.
Our guide was amazing. Small boat, but better than the other boats out there. We got a lot more time in the water than other companies doing the same tour. Plus since it was a smaller group there were a lot less people which is always better when snorkeling.
Absolutely gorgeous sites to snorkel! Hol Chan had amazing marine life - I am an experienced scuba diver of over 15 years and saw more on this snorkel than on some dives. We were treated to sea turtles, manatees, nurse shark, moray eels, stingrays, and more. Shark Ray Alley is treat for anyone who loves to swim with marine life! Definitely recommended!
great tour guides
The guides from Discovery were extremely knowledgeable and attentive to all snorkelers and divers.