Maori Rock Carvings Sailing Tour
The boat sails under a full mast or gently meanders, depending on wind and weather conditions; when waters are truly calm, a motor is used for power. Relax and enjoy the views or join in with rigging and hoisting the mainsail — it's up to you. Either way, you'll experience the romance of a sailing adventure aboard this graceful vessel.
Listen to commentary while you gaze at the Māori Rock Carvings, which are only accessible by water. You’ll get right up close to the rock face and have ample time to take in the intricacy of the large Māori figures.
In the warmer months, bring your swimsuit and a towel, or upgrade your sailing tour with Free music, wine, and pizza for an idyllic summer evening. You are also able to bring your own food and drinks with you, should you wish. Afterwards, return to the marina where you tour concludes.
- Live commentary on board
- Light refreshments (if option selected)
- Sunset Tours
- Free Pizza Beer and wine on selected trips
- Longest swim stop on all trips ( weather Depending)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
- Bring a warm jacket for cool weather or wind
- Bring a towel and swimwear
- Experience the beauty and thrill of a scenic journey out
- to the infamous Maori rock carvings taking in the
- popular Te Kopua and Acacia Bays en route.
- Be sure to bring your camera to capture some of the most breathtaking views
- Fearless sails under full sail or gently meanders,
- when it is truly calm, by motor.
- Each trip includes a swimming stop in summer or winter if your
- brave (weather depended)
- The longest swim stop out of any other company on the lake.
- Light Refreshments can be purchased from the cheapest bar on the
- lake or
- you can also bring your own light refreshments for your convenience.
Me and my partner loved it! Amazing weather and the host was the best Will definitely be doing it again!
Great Trip, reasonable price, relaxed atmosphere, great way to start the day, guide very friendly and accommodating.
Captain Dave and crew were very friendly and knowledgeable. It's a fairly short and easy cruise. Thought the price was in line with the experience.