Maori Rock Carvings Eco Sailing Taupo
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maori Rock Carvings, Lake Taupo, Taupo New Zealand
Explore Lake Taupō on an eco-friendly scenic cruise on New Zealand's only electric yacht. Enjoy stunning vistas as you set sail to explore the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay, Te Moaenga Bay, Whakamoenga Bay and Acacia Bay. Stopping to listen to Maori myths and legends with refreshments included. Book with Sail Barbary today and enjoy one of New Zealand’s must-do experiences.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Local guide providing commentary on the Lake, the carvings and the volcanics.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax) included
- All cruises include a complimentary beverage and a Sail Barbary postcard
- Evening cruises include a glass of wine/beer/soft drink & pizza selection (Nov-Mar only)
- Swimming is encouraged
- Entry/Admission - Maori Rock Carvings
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to Bring: Dress casual, comfortable and warm (layered clothes work best), windproof/showerproof jacket, swimwear and towel (during summer), sunglasses, hat and don’t forget your camera!
- Please note: You are welcome to bring your own prepared food and beverages
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative boat, date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Great sailing trip with a good atmosphere. Would recommend.
Super awesome sailing trip ! Went with an male tour guide, cant really recall his name but he was definitely a fun captain and very knowledgeable person. If you're in taupo, don't miss this event !
Well worth making this trip, a very good day out. The lake was spectacular and we got very close to the carvings. The Barbary and her skipper made it a very informative cruise, well worth the money. Good value.
Our sailor Sarah was super entertaining and highly knowledgable! The carvings were made in the 1970s, but that doesn't make them any less impressive. It's a beautiful ride to the carvings and Sarah made everything super fun.