Brisbane River Lunchtime Cruise
Your contemporary buffet menu is served as your boat glides along the river. Choose the dishes you like from an extensive selection of delicious hot and cold offerings, with a menu that features fresh Australian produce, accompanied by gourmet breads, rice, pasta, and tempting desserts. On the weekend the cruise includes sparkling, Great Northern beer, Hahn Premium Light, Soft Drink and juice. Drinks are available for purchase at the full bar.
After your meal, sway along with the lively beat of the music as you take in the sights of Brisbane from your vantage point on the river.
The design of the famous paddle boats on the Mississippi River shaped the design of this vessel. Carefully crafted from Queensland timber, including ironbark, spotted gum and white beech, Brisbane River paddlewheelers have become an icon of the Brisbane River, enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
After a 2-hour cruise, your tour ends when the paddlewheeler returns you to the dock.
- Two-hour river cruise
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Live commentary on board Thursday & Friday
- Live entertainment on Saturday & Sunday
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years to consume alcohol
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Limited Wheelchair access - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer.
- Please advise if you have any mobility requirements. We have stairs on every vessel. We have limited access for wheelchairs. We can accommodate wheelchairs up to 63cm only. Motorised scooters are prohibited on board any cruise. Please contact our office and advise of any mobility issues prior to your cruise i.e walking frames, cannot navigate stairs, wheelchairs or guide dogs and we will do our best to accommodate you.
A special group of 75 retirees were given priority boarding and there was quite a bit of confusion in the boarding line. Once on board, we were seated beneath window level. The staff seemed overwhelmed and the service was slow. We had to leave our table and ascend to the upper deck so as to enjoy the views. The buffet lunch was actually very good but we were literally the last table allowed to proceed to the buffet table. I recommend a smaller tour group and boat if you desire to enjoy the Brisbane river views.
My wife and I booked a lunchtime river cruise on the Brisbane river with Kookaburra cruises. Boarding at 12:00 midday with a smorgasbord lunch containing Salt and Pepper chicken pieces, Roast chicken, several salads, slow cooked angus beef and pork belly, fish, etc. Deserts were cheesecake, chocolate slice and panacotta. The staff were all very friendly and helpful with special mention for Pippa, Maz, Saxon, Chloe and our entertainment MC Peter. The atmosphere was relaxed with birthdays and aniversaries to be celebrated with singing of songs all around (I use the word singing losely) :-) The customer base was mixed but the majority were more mature pirates. I believe the dinner cruises are more for the younger generation with holding of hands, kissing and all that icky stuff. Highly recommend this attraction.
The 2 hr. experience on the cruise boat was excellent. The service was great. The food was excellent. Great value for money!!
Pleasant way to see Brisbane. Stuck inside boat rather crowed and ok food.
Trip was great apart from the last few hours, which finds us stranded in Brisbane because Newcastle airport is closed due to bush fresh therefore we can't get how, jetstar are quite useless!
A real treat. Food was very good better than you would expect for a buffet and service was excellent. The commentary was thorough and tells you about the history of the city and its highlights. We were able to chat with the captain about the flood a few years ago and heard very interesting stories about the city and its people. Brisbane is a beautiful, very livable city and the best way to enjoy it is of course from the river. I certainly recommend this tour.
This activity was well organized and most enjoyable. The meal was nice and the staff were pleasant and helpful. We recommend this trip.
Lovely trip. We think that the best way to see Brisbane is from the river. The food was really good, the staff friendly and overall very good value.