Private Tour: Mont Blanc &Chamonix from Geneva Including Modern & Creative Lunch
Transfer to a cable car and ride to the summit of Aiguille du Midi, a mountain in the Mont Blanc massif, on the world's highest vertical-ascent cable car, taking you from 3,395 feet to 12,605 feet (1,035 meters to 3,842 meters) in 20 minutes. Reach the top of the staggeringly beautiful Alpine peak and be amazed by panoramic views of the Chamonix Valley and the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. On a clear day, you may even see Matterhorn, the iconic Swiss peak.
Cozy up on a terrace or balcony at the Aiguille du Midi summit to admire the scenery and watch skiers zooming down toward the glacier. There's also a cafe, where you can have a hot chocolate or enjoy a light snack (own expense).
Take the cable car back down the mountain to the gorgeous Alpine town of Chamonix, where you'll enjoy a gourmet lunch at Albert Premier Restaurant, a 2-star Michelin restaurant. Indulge in a luxurious spread of French gastronomy (see Itinerary for sample menu) crafted to perfection by the esteemed chef.
After lunch, board the Montenvers Railway for a scenic train ride through the mountains to Montenvers. Enjoy fantastic views of the Mer de Glace, a massive glacier surrounded by the towering summits of Les Drus, Les Grandes Jorasses and Les Grands Charmoz.
You'll be taken back to your Geneva hotel to conclude your private Mont Blanc and Chamonix day trip.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cable car ride (not available from November 4 to December 20)
- Gourmet 3-course lunch with wine
- Montenvers Railway train ride
- Entry/Admission - Montenvers - Mer de Glace Train
- Entry/Admission - Aiguille du Midi
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for children aged 2 and under
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note that the official currency of France is the euro; Swiss francs are unlikely to be accepted in Chamonix
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel, as you will be traveling from Geneva (Switzerland) to Chamonix (France)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
While the weather did not cooperate (and we couldn't see anything from Mont Blanc), Patricia and our driver made everything worth it! A+! The restaurant was wonderful, the driving and access without the hassle of coordinating tickets was terrific! Still hopeful to do it again and see the view!